These Conversations : )

Chapter 6

Laney's POV

Later that night. . .

It was 7:43 ㏘ when I peered up at the clock. I had been on the phone with Kathy and Jade for a hour and 30 minutes now. And our conversation was not boring at all Jade told her story, we were on my story for the lomgest. I don't know why they insisted on this. Wow I talked to Sammy, my major crush since who knows when, and they were just so proud.

A relaxing sigh came to Jade's voice, "I can't believe your going to the dance with Sammy Burkwitts." Her voice slowly got back high, "UH I so happy for you! "

"Okay! We get it! " I laughed at her.

"Okay , I'm sorry. Now Kathy What's your deal hun? "

"I'm in love . . . and have been for a while. "

"With who!?!? " Jade asked excitedly. I was just curious, who was this mystery man?

"Promise not to tell yet? "

"We swear! " we said in unison.

"It's - " She got cutoff we heard a noise in the phone, it was mines and it was a call from Sammy.

"Sorry that's me! " I said. "Sammy's buzzing in, gimmie a minute? "

"Yeah! " They both said.

"Hey Sammy, gimme a couple a minutes? Bestfriends on the other line. "

"Sure, don't forget, I'm waiting!" His voice was sincere and made me feel like a popsicle in the hot summer sun. UGH bad metaphor, but that's how I felt.

"I promise I'll call you back. Bye "

"Bye. "

"Me back! " I screamed through the phone, "Sooo?"

"Guys it's Josh! " Kathy screamed, he voice was shaky, she sounded as if she was about time cry.

"Josh Bates? " Jade asked in surprise, "Our bestfriend ?"

"Yes, and I'm scared, I'm an emotional wreck. I didn't know I was this in love with him! I'm. . . I'm scared! He's my bestfriend, he has been for along time now! How do I tell him this? I don't want this, I wanted to just be his bestfriend! But someone how being this 'bestfriend' I'm falling in love with him day by day and it's eating me alive -"

I cut her off, "Woah baby! Calm down! Don't do this too yourself. "

"Yea you shouldn't! It's bad, don't stress."

And yes she was crying now, "I'm trying not to!"

"Are you home alone?" I asked

"Yeah. " she was trying to clear he voice.

"Come over, my mom and dad are in another business trip. It's just me and my bro. "

"What about me? " asked Jade laughing.

"Sure I don't care. "

"Okay i'll be over in a minute. " She live 3 blocks away from me. It wasn't that hard to get to my house.

"Okay and Jade are you coming? "

"Noo I have tons to do."

"Of course. " I said laughing.

"Bye gurlies don't have to much fun without me."

"Bye. "

Sammy's POV

Wonder what she was doing, what her and her friends were talking about. A call on my phone interrupted my thoughts and the girl I was thinking about was on my screen calling me back like she promised.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sammy." He voice was soft and sweet and full of sincere. I didn't like feeling all fluttery inside, but this girl made all of this different. I knew everything about her. Now it was her turn to know me.

"Hey Laney. "

"So what are you up to? "

"Sitting here staring you at the ceiling. " What the hell Sammy? That was stupid! But it gotta laugh out of her.

"Having fun?"

"No , not really. "

"Are you home alone?"

"Sounds like something a killer would ask on a movie! But no, my parents room is downstairs and me and my brother's room are upstairs. "

She laughed at my comment, "Haha! Wow! Lucky you! And why would I wanna kill you? "

"I don't know. " I said funnily, "But what are you doing? "

"Same thing you are! Waiting on Kathy to get here. "

"Can I join the party? "

"It's not a party, she's having boy problems."

"Woah. Tears and ice cream? "

She gave me a little laugh, "Hopefully popcorn and action movies! "

"My type of girl!" We laughed and talked like this for almost two on the phone. This girl made me feel comfortable. We talked until I fell asleep. I was an early bird. It was 11:09 and I was tired.

She laughed when I told her I was an early bird. "Sorry, I am!"

"It okay. Better than me. I just fall when I fall. "

"Goodnight babe. "

"Goodnight. " I could hear her voice squealing , I loved this. I was in relationship zone. Without even trying. I went to bed that night with a light mind and a happy heart. I knew she was special cause no other girl ever made me feel this way.