So He Does Want Me?

*Am I doing good? Please comment. Let me know what you think so far. Hope your enjoying.*

Chapter 4

Laney's POV

He was sitting here, right here next to him. He could've sat on the other side of the table, but he sat next to me. He was looking awkward. I thought it was adorable. He looked nervous, for what though?

"Hi Sammy, " said Jade from the other side of the table, "Your awfully quiet. "

"Uhh yea, sorry. What's Up? " His voice was deep and made me melt in my seat. I didn't show it, at least I don't think I did. I tried not to, UGH ! I was confused and lost. So I'll just quit thinking!

"Oh nothing . . . just a lot of junk with school. " He nodded.

"You are the busy bee around the school. "

She laughed, Kathy and Josh were talking ignoring what was going on at this end of the table. I wish Kathy would save me from everything right now. "Sooo, Sam! Do you have a date for Winter Formal this year? "

Oh my God! She did it. She made it even more awkward. But he answered, "No, I had someone in mind though." He smiled down at his tray. Was it me? Owee' I hope it was me. My face felt hot and I know I turned red.

"That's good, better hurry though! "

He let out a polite laugh, "I'm working on it. " He looked at me, "Hey Laney. "

Jade made her way into Josh and Kathy's conversation. I looked over him with my hand still over my mouth. I removed and told myself to stop being a little wimp.

"Hey ." That was what I said and it sounded right. So I stopped right there.

"What you been up too. "

"Well definitely not what Jade's doing. " I said, "Nothing really."

"You didn't go to the party this weekend? "

"Uhh, nope!" I said that like I had to think about where I was this weekend, but I kept talking, "My mom's out of town and my dad had to work late."

"Oh, You do have a little brother, Chance right? "

"Yeah, that's that little science geek"

Sammy chuckled and then he had a serious look on his face. "Laney? "

"Yeah?"

"Uhh . . . umm. . . " I laughed at his stuttering. But I wasn't making fun or anything.

"Just ask! " I said with a sincere voice.

"I just . . . umm. . . ," was I making him nervous. Poor guy, and he finally coughed it up.

"Look Laney, you make me . . . nervous." He scooched over a bit more towards me. My eyes were locked with his as he continued talking, "I knew you since 7th grade and we talked as just friends. Not even best friends. It seemed like the only people you let in your life was those 3. Not that they aren't, " he started stuttering again. He didn't mean to be rude, he was right I never did let anyone else in as a bestfriend.

He continued finally getting his word together, "They're awesome people. But I wanna be another awesome person in your life. " My eyes stared down, I'd never really mean to push him away. I wanted him closer! I didn't know he felt! All this was too much , but I didn't walk away this time. I stayed and talked.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I hope you know that."

"I do, and it's okay. I know how you are, I know more about you than you think I do. "

I smiled at that. I had to pinch my leg to make sure that this wasn't a dream. Okay! It wasn't! I knew I was blushing this time, and I really didn't care at this point.

"Is that so? " I couldn't help but smile.

"So why I got your -" he was interupted by Josh.

"Laney what you doing tonight?" I glared at him and he threw his hands up and nodded, "Oh sorry! "

Sammy laughed, "What were you saying? "

"I wanted to know would you go to the formal with me. " He held you two tickets and smiled, "They have your name written all over em'. "

"Yess! Of course! " I had a big cheesy grin! I was so happy. "Uhh. . . how about you call me tonight? "

"Yeah. That's great. " He pulled out his phone and saved my name as 'Laney ♡' I seen the heart, but I was obvious he didn't want me to see it. I didn't care. I wonder where this would take us?

"Give you a call tonight, okay? "

"Yes!" I didn't wanna sound not to sound to excited. He got up and waved to the table. Jade scooted over closer to me and whispered, "Hmm so he does want you." She just smiled and we all got up as the bell rang.