05→ Tinder date

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Twitter + narrative
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

Marley was going on a date. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary as the girl could never keep a relationship for long. Both roommates were cursed in that way, yet Marley always complained about how lonely and single she felt.

Genevieve trusted and supported her best friend in all her relationships and was always the one to pull her out of the ones that turned toxic. She wanted to see Marley happy and if Marley didn't want to stay single for long and jump from relationship to relationship, she would understand... but not fully agree.

"It's not that I'm discouraging you from going, I'm just asking you to be careful and keep your eyes open." Genevieve called out from outside Marley's door while the girl was getting ready. 'Keep you eyes open' was a self- explanatory phrase that the two girls used when wishing he other one to stay safe and look out for themselves. It was usually Genevieve saying it to Marley as the girl would normally get blinded by the excitement of meeting a new potential partner that she would miss some of the clear red flags.

"Yeah yeah I know, I'll be careful!" She called back from her room whilst simultaneously doing her makeup.

"Careful like Luke, Kai or any other toxic relationship I had to pull you out of?" Genevieve asked her best friend in a less serious tone as she leaned against the wall opposite the door for some support as she had been standing up for a while.

"F*ck off! Kai wasn't... that bad." She replied, knowing it was a lie. "He brought me flowers to apologise afterwards."

"Yeah Kai's was a good person the same way I'm straight." Genevieve sarcastically replied to the girl. "Oh and the only reason he apologised was because I threatened him."

"Of course you did." Marley sighed, yet she couldn't be mad for her best friend caring so much, she was glad. "I'm ready!" Marley exclaimed, standing up from in front of the mirror and picked up her small bag. Swiftly she made it to her door and swung it open, revealing her roommate on the opposite side of the corridor.

Marley could see Genevieve's eyes slightly widen and her jaw slacking from its usual tense position. Immediately, Marley thought of the worst. "Oh god. Is it bad? Do I need to go change."

"No, no, no, you will do no such thing. You look amazing." Genevieve complimented, boosting the dressed-up girl's confidence. Marley normally wore looser or oversized clothing so she was shy wearing a tighter fitting dress, even after receiving many compliments on how great she looked in that fit of clothing.

"Only amazing? What about beautiful?... oh wait sorry, you're saving that for you girlfriend... Niki was it?" Marley mischievously grinned at her roommate before being playfully slapped in the arm.

"Shut up. Do you have a date to go to now?"

"Yes and if we don't set of now I'll be late." Marley said picking up her coat on the way to the front door. "But you didn't deny it!" The girl continued, looking straight at Genevieve to see any form of reaction.

A small blush crawled upon the faceless streamer's face. It was barely noticeable but it made Marley grin. "Okay but in all seriousness we have to go." With that the roommates left the apartment.

The restaurant that Marley and Jonah ( the guy) were supposed to meet at was only a five minute drive from their apartment building meaning the two girls couldn't have a full karaoke session in the car. However they managed to belt Mr Brightside before arriving at their destination.