23→ The club ten minutes away

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Narrative
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

TW- Alcohol use

Genevieve was going out to celebrate. Her exam period had finished and she needed to relax and go celebrate the fact. Originally it was supposed to be Genevieve, Marley, Josh and Michelle however Josh was out of town and Marley was trying to survive a migraine she had been gifted with.

It was the evening, Genevieve and Michelle were going out to celebrate by having drinks at a local club around a ten minute walk away.

Genevieve shyly walked into the living room, where Marley lay curled up in a blanket, and stopped in front of the sofa to get her roommate's opinion.

Wearing a black playsuit with a silver celestial pattern, the faceless streamer slowly twirled to show Marley the full outfit.

"Very, very nice." Marley commented before smirking. "Niki would love it... too bad she's not."

"F*ck off. Why are you so interested in my love life." Genevieve exclaimed whilst the youtuber laughed but regretted after her head began to pound even more.

"Well aren't you supposed to be going on a date with Niki because of 'Love or Host'?" Marley teased making the French girl roll her eyes.

"Yes and we will be. By the way me going out with Michelle is not a date and you know that." Genevieve stated as she traversed the living to the door to put on her shoes.

Moments later, the doorbell of the flat rang. Knowing it was Michelle, Genevieve picked up her small circular shaped bag and headed to the door.

"Niki will hear about this." The youtuber commented, smirking."

"She won't because nothing that affects her is happening."

"Of course I wound tell her, I'm routing for you two. Team Nibbles or whatever Twitter calls you." Marley replied waving of her friend. "Have fun and be safe. Call me if you need me but remember I can't drive."

It was decided that Michelle was driving the pair to the club even though they could've walked the distance.

When the girls entered it was semi busy but seeing a more and more people were arriving Genevieve guessed it wouldn't be long until it became busy and crowded with people.

The club had a more modern aesthetic to it rather than a 'corner bar' type feel. Most of the furniture was a shade of white which contrasted the darker elements of the building and the colourful dance floor. Genevieve didn't mind the busy and loud atmosphere as long as she stuck by Michelle as planned.

"Should we get this party started?" Michelle asked with a grin on her face as she faced Genevieve. The girl smiled in reply. Michelle grabbed Genevieve by the hand and led the girl through the busy crowd of party-enjoyers and the loud music blading overhead.

Michelle brought her and the faceless streamer a drink. "First of the night. Cheers!" Michelle exclaimed, trying to shout over the music. The pair clinked their glasses together and enjoyed their first drinks.

"I'm going to regret this by morning." Genevieve stated, laughing even though the statement wasn't humorous. Time had passed since they first entered the club and more drinks had been consumed. Genevieve wasn't stupidly drunk however she definitely felt the affects of the alcohol. She knew that she was going to have a bad hangover tomorrow but this night was dedicated to celebrating so she told herself that her future self would have to deal with the consequences.