37→ Shopping trips

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Narrative
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

"Morning." Niki smiled as Genevieve sat up in the bed they were sleeping in. The pair had taken the faceless streamer's old room which was a square in shape and of an average size. An oak wardrobe, double bed and desk filled the room, with various posters cluttered the walls.

"How long how you been up for?" Genevieve muttered, rubbing her eyes to wake up.

"Half an hour?" Niki replied, unsure as she was just on her phone for that time period.

"You could of gotten ready." The French girl stated, looking at her girlfriend. "Or are you still scared of my father?" She teased but pulled the girl into a side hug.

"Technically not... I just don't want to say or do something wrong." The German girl explained, burrowing her head into Genevieve's shoulder.

"I promise you, that's not possible. If my father didn't like you he'd already have said something. Anyway, let's get ready I want to go out with you."

"Oh, are you asking me on a second date?" Niki questioned, pulling away from the comfortable embrace.

"Maybe." Genevieve replied, getting out of bed before dragging Niki along with her.

In about half an hour, the girls had gotten ready and were sitting in the living room, eating the breakfast Theo had insisted on making for them.

"I have to go to the shops to buy the food for Christmas, do you two want to come with me?" Theo emerged from the kitchen. "I don't want to pick out the wrong things for Niki." He continued.

"Oh, you don't have to worry I'm not much of a picky eater." Niki replied before looking over at her girlfriend. "But we could still go?"

"Of course." Genevieve answered, then turned to her father to announce her's and Niki's plans for later. "Also we were planning on going out later, if that's okay? We'll only be out for a little while."

Theo nodded before sitting on the leather armchair by the sofa, a plate of food in his hand. "I don't want you out too late young lady."

Describing the December atmosphere as cold would be an understatement. It was deathly chilling at the point hypothermia became something Genevieve worried about.

"Je t'ai dit qu'il faisait froid. Pourquoi n'as-tu pas écouté?" Theo asked as he looked through the reer-view mirror at his shivering daughter being hugged by her girlfriend.
[Translation: I told you it was cold. Why didn't you listen?]

"J'habite en Angleterre depuis deux ans, j'ai oublié qu'il fait froid ici." Genevieve mumbled, hugging into Niki's side for warmth and comfort.
[Translation: I've lived in England for two years, I forgot how cold it gets here.]

Niki looked at the faceless streamer for some guidance in what they were saying. "Blaming me for not knowing what temperature my body can handle." Genevieve explained, Theo sighed in response as he pulled up to the car park of the chosen supermarket.

"Well he did say it was very cold." Niki replied, receiving a pointed look from the girl sat next to her.

"Thank you!" Theo jokingly exclaimed before the trio got out the car.

Theo asked Niki about every item he was going to put in the trolley, making sure 'she wouldn't go hungry' as he quoted it.

"It almost feels like I'm the third wheel." Genevieve muttered as she walked behind her father and her girlfriend.

Niki laughed but the accented male's voice commented on her statement. "I hear jealousy?" Theo spoke, also laughing slightly at his daughter.

"No." Genevieve replied, still walking behind the pair.

"I would never forget you." Niki commented, grabbing her dramatic girlfriend by her hand, pulling her forward.

"Exactly," Theo added, patting his daughter's back in a mocking manor. "I picked your favourite chocolate!" He continued, fetching a bag of snickers from the trolley.

"I have no words. My own father trying to kill me?" Genevieve commented dramatically.

"Of course I'm joking... that's not how I would kill you, it would be too obvious." Theo joked, receiving concerning looks from both girls beside him.

"I'm kidding!"

"Do you think it's too late to return the set of kitchen knives you got him?" Niki asked, whispering in a teasing manner which earned her a glare from Genevieve.

Genevieve sighed and rested her head on her girlfriend's shoulder once the trio had stopped at the fresh fruits. Her father had wandered off somewhere, leaving them to guard the trolley.

With the slight chill of the freezers near by and the strong smell of lemons, the pair stood in a comfortable silence, holding hands.

"I just want to make sure you're not mad at me." Niki announced suddenly. "Your dad is very kind and I don't want to feel like I've overstepped-"

"I'm not mad," Genevieve smiled before continuing. "My father's just that type of person- dubbed the 'fun uncle'."

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure because I do love you-" Niki immediately stopped what she was saying as she released the words that came out of her mouth. Were they true? Yes, but what would Genevieve think?

Genevieve's face had gone blank from the surprise. 'I do love you' - four words that have never made her panic so much. What should she say? Was she taking too long to answer?

"This is when you say 'I love you too'." Theo's sudden voice made Genevieve jump. However, the man then once retreated again to allow the girl's to have their moment.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything now." Niki informed, with a friendly smile.

"I love you too." Genevieve answered, grabbing both of Niki's hands into hers, then pulling her into a hug, kissing her on her forehead.

"I'm glad." Niki commented but before she could say anything else, Theo came over with an unimpressed look on his face.

"Sorry to brake up this amazing moment of love but Christmas may be interesting this year. Guess who's in the country?"

"No!" Genevieve exclaimed, groaning as her father nodded at her. "Sh*t."

"Who?" Niki asked in confusion.

"My cousin Laura and her posh rich husband."

"Marley mentioned them." Niki remembered Marley saying they usually stayed abroad and how obnoxious they were. "Those are the bad ones?"

"Yes." Genevieve muttered, her father not stopping the slander because he agreed with it. Even though Laura was his niece, she grew up just like her mother did (his sister). Theo had three sister, one of them being Laura's mother- she was loud-mouthed, rude and ungrateful. However these thoughts were not thought out loud.

"My other aunt is too nice and she'll invite anyone family nearby. There's going to be drama."

♦︎♦︎♦︎

Hello beautiful people of the planet!

It's been a while... Hopefully you didn't miss me too much. My exams are over and I'm finally getting back my life and motivation back. Can't promise but updates should go back to once a week :)

If you've forgotten, remember to drink and eat something. It's good for you!

Q- When is a good time to put up Christmas decorations?

I We normally put ours up at the beginning of December- the first weekend. If anyone puts up their decorations in November I have a question. Why?

Anyways, thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you enjoyed. Bye!

-Bubble