36→ Meeting the parent

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Narrative
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

"You know, Cami's very excited to meet you." Genevieve broke the silence, making Niki look up from her phone and stop tapping her foot against the concrete on the outside ground. "She said, and I quote 'I can't wait to be in the presence of a goddess', and she's right, how lucky am I?" She smiled at the German girl, the complement causing her to blush.

"She's never met me."

"Let's say... she's a fan... and she's very invasive when it comes to my life." The faceless streamer explained, smiling at the various memories that had come from her cousin's trait.

Ah, I see." Just as Niki had finished her reply, she had noticed a girl sneaking up on Genevieve. The woman was of a similar height to Genevieve, only slightly taller. Niki assumed the girl was Cami because of the similar characteristics: brown hair, blue eyes and freckles which dotted the whole face.

When Niki and Cami made eye contact, the French girl put a finger to her lips before wrapping her arms tightly around her cousin's waist, slightly picking her up.

Genevieve seemed frightened by this action, immediately turned around to see the person behind. Her confusion turned into a smile when she saw Cami.

"You scared me!"

"That was the point." The taller cousin replied, hugging the faceless streamer, which she gladly accepted.

As the girl's pulled away, it was time for a formal introduction. "Cami, this is Niki, my girlfriend." Genevieve introduction, both of the girls smiled.

As Niki was about to give a handshake, she was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. "No handshakes, too formal."

The trio packed themselves into Cami's car and began the twenty minute drive to Genevieve's father's flat. Cami was sitting front while the streamers sat in the back, after Genevieve insisted she didn't mind sitting in the back even if she had to fold her legs. She didn't want Niki to feel lonely.

"I hate Paris a Christmas time, lots of f*cking traffic." Cami commented, letting out a sigh in annoyance as the car came to a stop because of the multiple cars in front.

"Why don't you take the next left? Just drive around. May take longer but they're small streets." Genevieve suggested, leaning forward.

"You still know your way around?"

"I've only been in England for two years, unlike you I'm not forgetful." Genevieve commented, smirking.

"Just because I can't remember directions doesn't mean I'm forgetful. Niki, how do you put up with her?" Cami asked the German girl.

"She's not that bad." Niki joked, making the driver laugh. Genevieve frowned. "We've known each other since Summer and this is our second time seeing each other face to face." Niki informed.

"So who made the move?" Cami asked out of know where. "I bet it was you Niki, I don't think Genevieve could."

"This feels like bullying." Genevieve interjected.

"I did." Niki smiled making Cami laugh.

"Knew it! Plus Marley called me and told me how you were panicking about it." The taller cousin said, looking at Genevieve through her mirror to see her reaction.