34→ Two tickets

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Narrative + Messages
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

"Hey Mal!" Marley answered her phone to her sister's call. "How's life been treating ya?" She continued, not picking up on her sister's silence.

"Marls-"

"I don't like that tone of voice. Is it mam? I swear to god that woman-" Malia cut her sister off before she said anything bad about their mother. Malia believed in karma.

"I'm still at Auntie's." The younger Jones informed. "It's about grandma."

"Grandma cookie?" Marley asked her sister. 'Cookie' was a nickname given to their favourite grandma. It was a stupid nickname for a simple reason- Grandma cookie would always bake cookies.

"She finally has a heart donor."

"I feel a 'but' coming on," Marley commented, taking in account for Malia's tone of voice.

"Doctors said it may be more risky than before but she's decided to do it even if some family members disagree."

"Did they say how much more risky it would be?" Marley questioned, worried about her grandma's health. She'd been struggling with her heart problems for a few years now, she's been on various medication until she could get a transplant, now the time had come.

"They're not sure until she goes under. That's why I'm calling, she wanted, as she said it, 'her closest family members by her side when she wakes up'."

"Grandma really playing favourites?" Marley joked making the other girl on the line smile.

"She told me to call you because you're on 'her list' or whatever. She know about your France trip so she doesn't mind if you just call in."

"No, no, no I'm going. There's no way I'm just gonna call in for grandma Cookie who was more of a mother than our own mother." Marley rushed out her answer. "I haven't booked the tickets yet however I still want Eve to go see her family for Christmas."

"Is Will free?" Malia asked.

"No, he's busy during that week."

"What about the obvious, Niki." Malia suggested.

"She might be free but would this feel a bit rush for her, for the both of them?"

"I don't know, I'm just giving you suggestions but sadly I have to go, see you next week then."

"See you next week."

I would be a nice holiday for them, right?

NIKI!

MARLEY!
Hello Niki Nihachu.

NIKI!
Hello!
Have I done something wrong?

MARLEY!
What? Never!
I'm here with a proposition

NIKI!
What kind?

MARLEY!
As you are aware Genevieve and I are
supposed to be going to France for
Christmas however something came
up and I can no longer go.
Even though I haven't booked the
tickets yet I know Evie won't go by
herself
So I was wondering if you were free
and wanted to spend your Christmas
with Evie's family?