7

The next day, Azriel watched Nesta walk to the old house of Rhys and Feyre. He circled above the house, but landed as soon as Nesta knocked on the door. He wouldn't go inside. They didn't want for Aurora to feel uncomfortable.
And she had said multiple times that being around a lot of people, made her feel nervous. Hiding in the shadows, Azriel wandered through the garden to the glass doors. He made sure they wouldn't see him, even though Nesta knew he was nearby.
Aurora took place on the same couch as last time. With a straight back Nesta sat down in front of her and looked at her shadows.
"My name is Nesta," she started. "I am Feyre's older sister."
She shortly smiled at Aurora. She didn't smile back. "Aurora," she said. "Why are you here?"
"I assume that everyone wanted to talk to you." Nesta removed the wrinkles from her dress by going over them with a hand. "And so am I."
"I don't understand the interest everyone has in me," mumbled Aurora irritated. It was the first time Azriel saw that emotion on her face. There was a little V between her eyebrows and she pouted.
"You're a girl whom survived the ice waters of the sea with shadows lingering around her, like our shadowsinger," Nesta flatly mentioned. "I do see their interest in you. You should've died in that water, but you're here."
Aurora was already pale like ivory, but Azriel could swear he saw the blood drain from her face.
"So, unless you have some kind of superpower, I don't know how that is possible." Nesta shrugged. "You may not understand their interest, but they don't know why you don't tell them the truth."
Aurora didn't say anything. She just looked at Nesta with big, shocked eyes. Her shadows got dense around her and Nesta noticed. She didn't back off.
"I'm just here to talk. I don't care what you did. We just want the truth." Her eyes bored into Auroras golden ones.
"If I tell the truth, you don't want me here anymore," whispered Aurora after a very long time. Nesta just cocked an eyebrow. If she did feel any curiosity, like Azriel, she didn't show it. Nesta had always been a great player in games like this.
"I don't see why." Nesta almost sounded bored. "We all have demons."
"Mine are real," growled Aurora and her eyes became glassy.
Nesta and Azriel felt that they were getting somewhere. Her eyes shot to Azriel for a moment. He knew that she knew that he was here, but how she knew that he was hiding in this shadow, was a mystery.
"I don't see them," Nesta simply said.
"You do."
Azriel felt some sort of jealousy towards Nesta, because she was able to get the information he wanted. Maybe that was because Nesta was a woman. Or didn't treat Aurora as a child, like they all did. He turned his hands into tight fists and tried to contain his irritation.
Nesta held her head crooked and Azriel held in his breath when Aurora sat up right.
"You need to leave," Aurora growled. It almost sounded like she was in pain. Her nails dug deep into the cushions of the couch. Nesta didn't move. Aurora's eyes darkened.
"I don't see your demons," said Nesta again, like she was testing her words.
Aurora started breathing heavily, slower. Nesta noticed something in the air, something Azriel couldn't feel from his spot in the garden.
"You need to go."
The voice that came out of Aurora's mouth, wasn't hers.
It was raspy, old and full of danger.
Nesta stood up, but didn't leave. "Aurora," she said with more caution now. "What are you hiding?"
Aurora got up, faster than Azriel had seen. He pushed himself inside and her gaze switched towards him.
"Stay away from me." Aurora's voice. Scared, female.
She backed off, but Azriel stepped towards her. Whatever Nesta had felt in the air, he felt it too. It was heavy, dense. It felt like he was walking underwater.
"Aurora," he said soft. "It's okay."
Slowly a shadows lingered towards hers. They looked like spikes, so hostile they were towards Nesta and Azriel.
"You can't take her from me." She showed her teeth and her eyes...
Were fully black. "She is mine, shadowsinger."
Nesta slowly walked up to Aurora with a raised hand. Aurora backed off and that old voice growled at them.
"Nesta," he warned her.
But she didn't stop. Neither did his shadow. And as soon as Nesta's hand and Azriel's shadow touched the blackness of Aurora's shadows, the world seemed to collapse.
Nesta screamed, pulled her hand back and placed them on her head.
Azriel couldn't move, his shadows were hiding him from the sight, from that thing.
"She's mine!"
It was cold and old.
It was Death.