16

The next morning Azriel and Aurora were practising again. She had talent. The way she was so quick with understanding how to handle her shadows, how to control them. He told her that these activities would go to the background if her mind, like a memory.
The shadows would always listen to her and Aurora was determined to keep practising, over and over.
After a couple of hours her eyes were heavy and she yawned. "I might not do anything with my body," she said as she stood up. "But I am still tired."
"Training your mind takes energy as well," he told her and got up too. "Don't blame yourself, it means you're making progress."
Aurora nodded and stretched her arms. Azriel swallowed heavily when she arched her back, what made her figure look absolutely delicious.
Fast he looked away and cleared his throat. "I have a lot of work to do for today," he said. "Will you be eating with us tonight? In the House?"
He saw her hesitation.
"It's only me, Cass and Nesta. They want to get to know you better." Nesta certainly did. Cassian wanted to, but only because Nesta gave him a kick. And Azriel was dying to get to know her better, even though he was the only one that knew her the best.
"Well..." She fiddled with her fingers. "Okay then."

Halfway the day, Azriel got distracted.
He got a lot of work done, unlike yesterday, but his mind started to wonder. Aurora was still in the House of the Wind. She wanted to explore and meet the House. Nesta had already told Azriel that it was okay for Aurora to escape to the House — she knew what it felt like to be alone.
Azriel realised how much Nesta and Aurora were alike. There were differences, of course there were. But Feyre's sister seemed to understand Aurora, even though she didn't get close to her.
After all, she was the one that triggered Death. She couldn't touch Aurora. It didn't matter that Death once burned as silver flames in Nesta's eyes. It was gone now, and Nesta had never died.
It was a complex situation, one that made Azriel think too much. But the only thing he could think about now, was how Aurora had arched her back, the way she stretched her arms. In his mind he could recall the way her full breasts were pushing against the fabric of her shirt, how her ass had looked in the jogging pants.
Oh, that ass was something he couldn't stop thinking about. He wondered how it would feel to hold that ass, to give it a gentle slap. To see her reaction.
He even wondered how it would look like it she was sitting on his desk. With clothes and naked. It made him swallow and he tried to contain his excitement. Never he had been fantasising about Elain like this.
But he felt his body warm up when he thought about Aurora, how she would say his name when he would bent her over his desk. This very desk he was working on.
Azriel immediately told the House to open the windows for fresh air when someone knocked on the door.
"Come in," he said.
And the Mother forgive him, Aurora walked in. He clenched his pen in his hand when she skipped over to him.
"I love this place," she said with a broad smile and Azriel hoped that the wind wiped out his scent. Hoped that she didn't see the excitement in his eyes.
"I'm glad to hear that," he said and could barely breathe when she sat down.
Oh gods, the sat down on his desk.
May the Cauldron boil him alive, because his erection only got bigger.
Images of how he could stand up now, bent her over and take her, slap that ass until her ivory skin would turn red...
The windows let in more wind.
"I'd like to stay here for the night. I can't find Nesta, but do you think that's okay?"
He was able to smile at her. He was hoping she didn't notice how he was feeling. Her eyes didn't betray her if she did know.
It took all of his willpower not to look at that delicious ass sitting in his wooden desk.
"Nesta won't mind, Aurora." Even the way he said her name made him want her. Her name tasted too good on his tongue.
Gods, how did it ever get to this point?
Another smile from Aurora and a shadow curled up under her ear, just like how his own shadows did.
She was taking away his breath, his heart was beating too fast.
If she didn't leave his office now, then...
"I really want to thank you," she said and Azriel blinked, got distracted from his sexual needs.
"For what?" He was genuinely confused.
She shrugged, like it was nothing. "I have always been lonely. And you didn't leave yet. None of you did. And for the first time... I feel like I have a friend. Maybe even two."
The sincere smile on her face made his heart flutter.
"I would do it again," he answered. "We all have a broken history. You're one of us. That doesn't mean you need to be fixed."
Aurora didn't say anything.
"It means that we understand you. And we will help you break this stupid curse."
She looked down at her hands before she actually bend over to him, over his desk, to grab his scarred hands.
Boil him alive, Mother.
Boil him in the Cauldron because of these dirty fantasies that were about to become very real.
"Thank you, Azriel." Her long lashes covered his cheekbones when her thumbs caressed the back of his hands. "I never thought to have friends, or a person I could touch." She giggled, like she was ashamed. "I'm sorry if it sounds stupid."
He only shook his head and thanked the gods for the harsh wind that blew through his office. Her scent got stuck in his nose, a revenge.
"You don't sound stupid," he said and squeezed her hands. "But I need to get back to work. I'll see you tonight."
She smiled at him, hopped off of his desk and walked out of his office. And Azriel could only look at her ass.