38

Azriel and Aurora didn't go home yet.
Before they did that, they celebrated the curse breaking and their love. The pebbles and the wind from the sea were definitely cold on their naked bodies, but it was worth it. He had kissed her chest, where the wound had been, a thousand times.
    It was a miracle.
    And it once happened before. Rhys and Feyre. He should've known. The answer was always near.
Azriel felt the need to fly Aurora to a camp nearby and keep her there, for a couple weeks. So he could be sure that they were alive. So he could be sure that it was over.
When the evening started to fall Azriel flew them back to the House of the Wind.
Cassian and Rhys were already back and Azriel could hear his family fight about the fact that Azriel didn't return and so did Aurora.
But they all fell silent when they landed on the balcony.
Aurora's shadows didn't hide her as she freed herself from Azriel's iron grip.
"It's over," she said and looked at Azriel's family, at her own new family. Nesta tried to look tough, but Azriel could see the tears in her eyes. The proudness.
Feyre grabbed Rhys's hand.
"I killed him."
They all were silent. But then Nesta pushed Cassian aside with such a force that he stumbled into the table next to him. He tried to warn his mate, but it was too late.
Nesta threw her arms around Aurora's neck and sobbed, hugged her. "I was looking for you," she cried. "We were supposed to read together!"
Aurora carefully wrapped her arms around Nesta's body and Azriel saw her body tremble, could hear her silent sobs.
She touched Nesta.
And then Cassian, when he placed his hand on her shoulder. And Elain, when she stood up and grabbed Aurora's hand. And Mor, who was smiling.
Aurora and Nesta sank to the floor, but didn't let go of each other.
"I did it," Aurora sobbed and Feyre, even Rhys, by the Cauldron, joined the group hug. Amren didn't though. She just watched them all with a smile, from her chair with a glass of wine.
"I knew you would figure it out," she said and sipped her wine. "After all, you're the one that had to solve your own problems."
No one reacted. No one cared.
Azriel also went to sit down on his knees, wrapped his arms around his mate and his family.
"Now it's time," he said and looked Aurora in her golden eyes. They shone like never before. She shone, she sparkled.
She was free.
His mate was free to do whatever she wanted. With everyone she wanted.
Aurora got her life back.
And he wanted to spent every minute of it with her. Dining, dancing, making love, singing, birthdays...
Everything Azriel ever wanted from life, he got.
And he could swear that he felt a warm hand stroke over his shoulder, like a mother would do.
"Now it's time to start living."

And they all lived happily ever after.

Thank you all so much for reading this story, loving Aurora! I never thought so many people would read this and comment on it. I am very grateful for all your messages and enthusiasm and tips.
Let's hope Sarah gives us more to love in the future.

With love, Azrielstruemate. Because that's what I fooking am ;)