19

Listen to Runaway from AURORA
(yes I know, same name, but the songs are perfect for the story!)

Azriel leaded Aurora back to Rita's. When he let her go and turned around, he saw the sad eyes of Elain burning him.
    He felt guilty, because he didn't dance with her.
    Azriel quickly shook it off and Auroras hand was trembling in his. "Are you sure?" he asked, because he could smell her fear.
    "I want to," she said and took a deep breath. And another one. "I never sang to other people before. I just... I just want to sing my song."
    "What is it about?" He would finally hear her sing. Finally hear her story through lyrics.
    "You'll find out," she said with a cheeky grin and walked up the stage. The room fell silent and Aurora swallowed. Looking at her in the stage, so nerveus and at the same time so confident.
    It made him respect her more than he already did.
    She was way stronger and powerful than he had ever thought.
    "Good evening," she said and people looked at her with curiosity. "My name is Aurora. And I... I want to sing a song for you."
    Looking at the band she told them that through their minds she would let them know what the melody was supposed to be.
    "I wrote it when I was sixteen. And I never sang it before in front of an audience." People applauded and Aurora was taken aback by it for a little bit.
    The band started, and so did Aurora.
    "I was listenin' to the ocean. I saw a face in the sand. But when I picked it up. Then it vanished away from my hands, down."
    Azriel had never heard a voice like this before.
    It was gentle, but powerful. Very feminine and so Aurora. Completely in awe he stood there, lost in her voice.
    "I had a dream I was seven. Climbing my way in a tree. I saw a piece of heaven. Waiting impatient for me, down."
    Nesta was watching Aurora with an open mouth.
    "And I was runnin' far away. Would I run off the world someday? Nobody knows. Nobody knows, and I was dancing in the rain. I felt alive, and I can't complain. But now take me home. Take me home where I belong
I can't take it anymore."
    Azriel knew exactly what she meant.
   "I was painting a picture. The picture was a painting of you and, for a moment I thought you were here. But then again, it wasn't true, down. And all this time I have been lyin'. Oh, lyin' in secret to myself. I've been putting sorrow on the. Farthest place on my shelf.
La-di-da."
    Aurora started to smile, started to swing on the stage. Azriel saw pure happiness on her face, felt and smelled it in the air. It was contagious, like a beautiful seed he was happy to catch.
    "And I was runnin' far away. Would I run off the world someday? Nobody knows. Nobody knows, and I was dancing in the rain. I felt alive and I can't complain
But now take me home. Take me home where I belong. I got no other place to go. Now take me home. Take me home where I belong. I got no other place to go. Now take me home. Take me home where I belong.
I can't take it anymore."
    Feyre had tears in her eyes. Mor was dancing on the floor, like many others. Nesta was just as lost in Aurora's voice and pure serenity as himself.
    Her singing slowed down a bit and her eyes found Azriel for a second.
    "But I kept runnin'. For a soft place to fall. And I kept runnin'. For a soft place to fall. And I kept runnin'. For a soft place to fall. And I kept runnin'. For a soft place to fall. And I was runnin' far away.
Would I run off the world someday?"
    And then her voice blasted into the air, making everyone dance and applaud and Azriel smiled broader than he had ever done before in his life.
    "But now take me home. Take me home where I belong. I got no other place to go. Now take me home. Take me home where I belong. I got no other place to go. Now take me home. Home where I belong.
Oh, no, no. Now take me home. Home where I belong. Ho, ho, ho. Now take me home
Home where I belong. Oh, now, now
Now take me home. Home where I belong
I can't take it anymore."
    As soon as her voice became soft to a whisper, when she stopped singing, there was a heavy silence.
    And then Mor started cheering and jumping up and down. Feyre joined her, just like many others. Aurora placed her hands over her mouth and Azriel could see that she tried not to cry.
   She had been singing about a home she never had. A home she was looking for.
    And if you asked Azriel, she found it.