family vacation part 1

"Family meeting in the living room" Erik called from the bottom of the stairs. Wanda popped her head out of her room to see her brothers standing in the hallway.

    "What did you two do this time?" Wanda asked looking over at them suspiciously.

     "Hey, I'm not the one trying to hide a puppy in my room" Pietro replied.

     "Wait we have a puppy?" Peter's eyes widened with excitement.

    "Sh!" Wanda put her finger over her lips, "Either of you tell you'll pay big time"

     "Are you three going to get here sometime today?" Erik called out starting sound a little annoyed.

    "How about we go see what he wants," Wanda said walking down the stairs.

   "Finally," Erik muttered as his children plopped down on the couch "The last few weeks have been kind of hectic so I think we should go on a family vacation"

    "What about taking down those mutant hunters?" Peter asked.

     "Charles is using the ship to return the mutants we rescued home so there isn't really too much we can do right now" he explained "So where does everyone want to go"

     "The beach" both boys cheered already holding beach balls.

     "Can we go to Tennessee I've never been there?" Wanda asked in the cute voice she used to get whatever she wanted.

     "Tennessee it is," Erik said earning an eye roll from both his sons "Go ahead and start packing" Everyone went up to their own rooms to get ready.

      "You are such a little manipulator," Pietro grumbled only loud enough for Wanda to hear "I should tell Dad about your puppy"

     "Then I'll tell him about the car" Wanda retorted "And his name is Bear" she smiled picking up her puppy.

The next morning
     "Come on kids" Erik called from the car.

     "I'll be right back I'm going to say goodbye to Jack" Wanda yelled running over to her boyfriend's car, a suspiciously heavy blanket.

     "Hey," Jack smiled wrapping his arms around her only to be started when the blanket let out a yip.

     "Sh," Wanda whispered uncovering the not so tiny puppy.

     "Hey honey, I need you to watch Bear," She said holding up the dog.

    "Sure," Jack said taking the puppy from her arms. He seemed a little distracted.

     "Are you okay?" Wanda asked. He shook his head clearing away his thoughts.

     "Yeah have a great time" he smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you"

     "I love you too" Wanda bent down to pet the puppy "Be a good boy okay"

      "Wanda hurry up" Erik called from the garage.

    "Bye, got to go," She said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before running to the car.

     "Shotgun" Pietro called jumping in the front seat.

Time skip
     "Are we there yet?" Peter whined leaning over the glove department to the front seat.

     "For the one billionth time, no," Pietro said pushing Peter back to the backseat "We haven't even reached the state border yet"

     "Ugh, I could have ran there and back about sixty times by now" Peter groaned leaning back in his seat.

     "Hey look a tunnel!" Wanda shouted excitedly pointing to the tunnel ahead.

     "What's the big deal?" Peter said earning a gasp from both his siblings.

     "Have you never been on a road trip, when you go through a tunnel everyone holds their breath" Wanda explained.

     "Then you see who can hold their breath till you get to the other end" Pietro added.

     "That sounds kind of dumb," Peter said taking a deep breath and holding it. About halfway through, Pietro had to take a breath "In your face!" Peter yelled once they reached the end of the tunnel. They spent the rest of the ride playing random car games until they finally arrived at the hotel.

      "I'm going to check in and get the room key," Erik said hopping out of the car "Go ahead and get a luggage cart"

     "I'll get the cart" Peter offered darting toward the entrance. He was back in about five seconds. Wanda and Pietro loaded the bags onto the cart.

     "Really?"Pietro rolled his eyes as Peter jumped on the cart.

     "Come on it's his first family vacation humor him" Wanda smiled. Pietro sighed pushing the cart.

Day one
      Since Pietro was the oldest he got to pick where they went to breakfast on the first day. Of course, he chose Reagan's pancake house an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

     "You mean they put biscuits, gravy, french toast, pancakes, toppings, and bacon on a buffet?" Peter's mouth started to water.

     "It doesn't take too much to impress you does it" Erik huffed in amusement. Wanda returned to the table with a plate full of raspberry and cream cheese-covered pancakes.

     "This is hands down the greatest thing I have ever had," Wanda said taking a bite of her pancakes. Both boys ate about five plates full, a piece before they left.

     "Can we please go on the Jurassic boat ride" Peter begged as they walked out into the parking lot.

     "Fine" Erik groaned as he was dragged to the line "Four please"

     "Wow, this is so cool!" Peter cheered excitedly getting into the boat.

     "Really? You're a teen with super speed and an old ride excites you?" Erik said getting into the boat.

     "Actually, I think it's pretty cool too," Wanda said sitting next to Pietro. Suddenly the boat started moving into the dark building when a longed neck dinosaur animatronic lunged its head at the boat.

     "Oh please, it's a herbivore," Erik said crossing his arms.

     "Please shut up," everyone said in unison. Everyone enjoyed the ride except Erik who thought it was not scary until they reached the T-rex which scared the heck out of him.

    "That was awesome let's go again!" Peter cheered.

    "Let's go ahead and do the Three Bears store since it's just across the street," Erik said getting in the car.

    "Okay," they drove across the street and went into the three bear store. Peter went straight for the free samples. Wanda spent most of the time looking at the stuffed animals and knock-off build-a-bears. Pietro looked at the wood carvings. After the three bear stores, they went to the island.

     "Okay y'all are free to go wherever just meet back here by nine," Erik said to his children.

"Okay" Wanda was the first to run off, she went to the arcade. Pietro looked around a t-shirt shop while Peter decided to walk around looking for a bite to eat until he saw a girl hanging out by a seafood restaurant.

      "Hey," the girl smiled. Peter tried to remember how Pietro acted in front of pretty girls.

     "So did it hurt?" He asked leaning against the building.

     "Did what hurt?" The girl stared at him curiously.

     "When you fell from heaven" Peter smiled trying to act charming.

     "Why don't you come sit with me and my friends?" the girl laughed pulling on his sleeve.

     "If you're going to chill with us you need to get lit," one of her friends said handing him a beer.

     "One drink couldn't be that bad," Peter said taking a sip "Ugh this stuff tastes awful" he whispered to himself before downing it.