Erik finds out about his kids part 2

Everything had gone wrong. This was supposed to be a quick mission, in and out. However, no one had planned for the walls to be made out of power dampeners.

     "Watch out!!!!" Scott called pulling Jean out of the way of a large guard about to knock her out.

     "Erik take Hank and Peter and open the cells!" Charles yelled. All Erik could think of was Pietro and Wanda 'I have to make it out for their sake'

     "Come on!" Erik struggled to open the cages, his powers still extremely weak. Peter rushed around with a key he had grabbed off a guard and unlocked as many cages as he could.

     "Almost done" Peter called darting over to the next cell. Suddenly he lost control of his feet and went crashing into Erik.

     "All you do is mess everything up!!!" Erik snapped as he pushed himself off the ground.

     "Sorry" Peter looked down before going back to freeing the caged mutants. Erik was taken aback by the response. He expected Peter to make some sort of smart remark but the silver-haired mutant remained quiet.

Timeskip
     Erik grinned as Alex managed to knock out one of the power-dampening walls. Peter had regained some of his speed though he was only able to reach the speed of a cheetah which was extremely slow for him.

     "That's better," Erik said raising small pieces of metal and slashing through the guards. Hank looked over to see a plastic gun pointed at Erik's chest.

     "Erik!!!" Erik realized there was no way he could dodge the bullet. He had promised Wanda and Pietro he would be fine. They were supposed to meet up tomorrow for dinner, but now that would never happen. 'I'm sorry' Erik closed his eyes and waited but the pain never came. He slowly opened his eyes to see a blur of silver.

     "Peter?" Erik watched in horror as the young mutant fell to his knees, blood soaking his silver jacket. Erik rushed forward pulling Peter into his lap.

     "Magneto?" Peter's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Erik's face. He doesn't remember ever seeing Erik show any other emotion than anger, most of the time he has a face of stone but now he could clearly see fear.

     "It's me Peter" Erik pressed his hand over the wound to stop the bleeding.

     "Guess I messed things up again" Peter let out a weak laugh that turned into a painful coughing fit. Erik winced at the bitter statement. Peter felt his eyelids getting heavy.

    "I need you to stay awake," Erik said shaking Peter "Come on buddy is there someone I need to contact?"

     "My mom kicked me out" Peter's words came out raspy as he fought for air.

     "What about your dad?" When Peter doesn't answer Erik searches Peter's eyes 'Please let this kid have a dad'.

     "He's already here" Peter gave Erik a weak smile. Erik's eyes widen as realization finally hit him.

     "I'm so sorry" Erik started to sob " I should have been there" pulling Peter close to his chest 'Why do I cause all my children such great pain'

     "Hey, no sweat I love you, Dad..." Peter trailed off as his eyes started to close.

     "Peter!!!" Erik screamed trying to keep him awake. That was the last thing Peter heard as he drifted into darkness.

Timeskip
     Peter slowly opened his eyes to the bright white light. Immediately he retreated under the covers.

     "Am I dead?" Peter asked using the blanket to shield his eyes from the blinding light.

     "No son" Erik smiled as he hugged Peter. Erik looked like he hadn't slept in days, he refused to sleep until he knew his son was okay "I promise from now on I'm going to be a better father" 'To all my kids' Erik added to himself.

     "You don't have to," Peter said looking down "I don't want you to feel like you're forced to"

     "But I want to," Erik assured him putting a hand on Peter's shoulder. Erik refused to leave Peter's room until he was completely better. He would tell him stories and play card games which Peter always cheated at.

     "Hey, I knew I had a queen," Erik said pulling it out of Peter's sleeve.

     "Oops, how did that get there?" Peter laughed. Erik rolled his eyes before looking at the clock "Okay kid time for bed"

     "I love you, Dad," Peter said as he started to dose off.

     "I love you too," Erik said as he kissed Peter's forehead. Suddenly Erik felt his blood go cold as realization hit him "Wanda's going to kill me"