Subject Unknown

The team all settled around the living room waiting patiently until the opening of the lab door caught everyone's attention. Raven stepped out dressed in a pair of old scrubs and white rubber gloves.

     "So?" Wanda asked anxiously getting up from her seat.

     "We couldn't find anything in the blood or body" she informed them carefully taking off her gloves and dumping them into the bio waste bin "Hank has started inspecting the brain for signs of any neurological damage but the sample you gave seems promising"

     "Really?" Wanda asked hopefully.

     "Yeah" Raven responded with a nod "The substance seems to be organic it may be some kind of poison" Everyone was intensely focused on the conversation except for a certain vigilante whose eyes danced around the room.

     "What kind of poison could do that?" Wanda questioned.

     "I don't know but Erik seems to have an idea, he and Hank were talking about it before we started the autopsy" Kaylin shifted around uncomfortably in her seat as the two continued talking. Noticing this Pierto walked over to her and bent down.

     "How about we go for a walk?" he asked softly.

     "Yeah" She replied with a slight nod, he grabbed her hand and led her out of the school. They walk down to the pond away from everyone. They let go of each other's hands once they reached the edge of the pond and sat there quietly watching the water.

     "You said that stuff killed the vigilantes," Pietro finally spoke up turning to her "What did you mean by that?"

     "I told you how I became The Wolf right?" She asked still looking deep into the water.

    "Yeah?" He replied.

     "There's a little more to that story" She faintly sighed.

Timeskip
     "So after that, I took on the Mantel and vowed to bring him to justice" Pietro sat quietly letting the information sink in as he stared out across the pond "For what it's worth I never lied to you I really did get those bruises from falling down the stairs"

     "I guess this makes us even" he laughed breaking his silence before smiling softly "Thanks for telling me" They both sat there quietly enjoying each other's company.

Meanwhile
     Everyone stood up as Hank entered the room holding his clipboard "The brain did exhibit symptoms of a rabies-like virus however there was no virus present in the body"

    "So, the virus dies off once the body shuts down?" Alex shrugged.

    "Except this wasn't just some normal kind of virus" Hank shook his head "It was more like a biological weapon, a mutation of blood caused by an X-gene"

     "What?" Wanda's eyes widened "You're saying a mutant did all of this?"

     "Yes and he's infected," Hank said showing an image of a blacked blood cell "The sample you gave me was his blood"

     "That's blood?" Peter looked at the black liquid in disbelief.

     "A mutated form of blood" Hank nodded "one that's able to shift its structure to contain viruses, poisons, just about anything, but unable to destroy them"

     "That's insane" Alex commented.

      "Yeah that's not all of it" Hank continued "This guy can control his blood to move in and out of his body"

     "That's why we couldn't trace him" Wanda realized "When the victims die he calls the blood back to him"

     "And since the virus is contained inside the blood it can only affect people while the blood is in their body It gets dragged out when the blood is taken out" He confirmed "This guy's blood carries all kinds of junk"

     "So the mutation is the only thing keeping him alive" Wanda concluded "Which means his Mutation could have been created as a means of saving him"

     "Gift turned weapon" Raven commented.

     "If they're human why turn on their own kind?"