*Chapter Fifteen*

Rhiannon was sitting as close to the fire as she could without being burnt by the orange and purple flames. The sun had gone down and the air turned more brisk as the evening went on. She rubbed her hands together when a shiver ran up her spine. Luke noticed Rhiannon scooting closer to the fire a half hour ago, but decided not to say anything after her independent woman speech earlier. Instead, he focused on making the perfect s'more.

Rhiannon gazed at the stars above her in awe. The stars were hard to see in the city because of the ambient light. In the woods, the sky looked like it went on forever. The stars shimmered against the black sky. She was hoping she'd be able to see a planet, but didn't actually know what she was looking for.

Her eyes fell to Luke who was sitting across the fire from her. The tip of his tongue poked out of his lips as he carefully roasted a marshmallow. Suddenly the marshmallow caught on fire turning it from a fluffy white to a crisp brown. He frantically blew on the flaming marshmallow trying to extinguish the fire. The marshmallow fell off the stick and into the fire with a plop. Luke's lips turned into a frown. A pout appeared a moment later when he noticed Rhiannon giggling at him.

"I try to make you the perfect s'more and you laugh at me? You're breaking my heart, flower," he said with a hand clutching his chest.

"Don't be so dramatic. That's my job. Plus I happen to like burnt marshmallows," Rhiannon said.

Luke grimaced with his eyebrows raised. "How could you possibly want to eat burnt food? That should be against the law."

The snort that came out of Rhiannon's mouth was anything but attractive. She quickly covered her mouth with her hand trying to hide the fact that she just sounded like a pig. Luke thought it was adorable, but he would never tell her that.

"Come on, you can't tell me you don't like an extra crispy french fry or a thin cheeseburger with crispy edges!"

"Soft foods shouldn't be crunchy and crunchy foods shouldn't be soft. You can't change my mind," Luke said, shaking his head.

Rhiannon held her hands up in surrender. "How about I make you my idea of a perfect s'more and you make yours? Then we'll trade."

"You've got a deal," Luke said while sticking his hand out for a handshake.
Luke took Rhiannon's small hand in his shaking it sternly. As Rhiannon was pulling away to make her s'more, Luke pulled her into his lap. Rhiannon looked up in confusion not sure how she had landed in his lap so quickly.

"You looked cold over there by yourself. I figured I could warm you up," Luke mumbled in her neck.

Goosebumps pricked up Rhiannon's spine as she felt his breath on her neck. He rested his chin on her shoulder tightly wrapping his arms around her waist. Rhiannon leaned into Luke's hard chest wiggling back to be closer to him. They say in a comfortable silence watching the flames dance in the wind. The crackle from the fire and the sounds of the woods mesmerized them.

Luke turned his head to the side, burying his face in her neck. His facial hair tickled on the sensitive skin of her neck. Rhiannon scrunched her shoulders up trying to stop the tickling feeling. Luke took this as a queue to tickle her more. He placed a featherlight kiss at the base of her neck. Just enough for her shoulders to relax a bit. He kissed up her neck to right below her ear. The next kiss was as soft as the first. Rhainnon tilted her head to the side subconsciously letting out a sigh of relief. When Luke felt Rhiannon relax completely, he blew a strawberry on the most sensitive part of her neck.

Rhiannon squeaked, pushing him away. She jumped up and ran to the other side of the fire so he wouldn't tickle her again. Luke was up on his feet just as fast chasing Rhiannon around their campsite. Rhiannon was gasping for air. She was laughing so hard and trying to stay quiet at the same time that she was bent over clutching her chest for air. Luke was in a similar position a few feet away.