*Chapter Seven*

Marnie had made it into the unfamiliar bar before her red headed best friend. Despite the bar's location being across the street from Jitters, she had never been there. From the looks of the outside, it would seem like any dive bar in the city. The heavy black door was adorned with a brass handle and no window. That screamed sketchy to Marnie, but she had to see what played out between Rhiannon and Luke. She couldn't leave her best friend in a strange place by herself. She was better to be there and tipsy than not be there at all. 

Marnie stumbled over to the mahogany bar bracing herself on one of the plush velvet stools. She couldn't believe how classy this place was. The inside was nothing like the dingy outside. She admired the dim lighting which was perfect for an intimate conversation. There were deep red leather booths encircling small tables. There was a small stage in the corner that had to be an after thought because it was tilted to the side and the drum kit in the back was only half assembled. There was an upright bass leaned against the wall and a lone microphone in the center. Marnie wondered what kind of band would play a bar like this. She didn’t think there would be rock shows there.

Rhiannon finally gained the confidence to sit next to her friend at the bar. She pulled out the velvet chair and propped her elbows in the polished wood. “I’m surprised you haven’t drank the whole bar yet Marn,” Rhiannon saids with a smirk. “I’ll have you know I don’t like alcohol that much. I’m not an alcoholic.” Rhiannon just smiled and shook her head while waving down the bartender. “We’ll have a gin martini and um a hemingway daiquiri please,” she spoke softly smiling up at the bartender who she thought was pretty attractive. He had dark shaggy hair with hazel eyes. His black dress shirt was buttoned up to the last two buttons and his sleeves were pulled up to his forearms. 

The bartender smiled politely, “If you need anything else, my name is Mark.” The two women exchanged glances as he turned his back to make their drinks. “Dibs!” Marnie almost shouted. She could see Mark’s shoulders shake slightly as he chuckled. She hadn’t thought she was that loud, but alcohol doesn’t have volume control. She sheepishly grinned at Rhiannon as Mark handed them their drinks. Rhiannon looked horrified and pulled her friend over to one of the booths with the red leather seats as far away as possible from the bar.

Rhiannon was on her third drink at the bar. She could feel the effects of the alcohol blurring her mind a little. She felt lighter. The stress from her busy week we're melting. This was just what she needed. Marnie was right, but she’d never tell her. She didn’t need her gloating about it for a whole month after.

A small group consisting of men and women came into the quiet bar holding what looked like instrument cases. Marnie perked up at the sight of them. “Rhi, look! There’s a band. I’m so excited we get to see live music,” she spoke animatedly. Rhiannon just nodded in response. She was feeling the effects of the alcohol and was in her own little world.

The band started playing shortly after. They were playing jazz. That must be why that bass was leaned up against the wall Rhiannon thought to herself. 

Luke had been watching Rhiannon and Marnie since he arrived for his shift at the bar. He didn't want her to know he worked there quite yet because for some reason he thought she'd be less interested if she knew he was a bartender. He made sure that he was always turned away or helping someone else when either woman came up the bar for more drinks. He knew he'd had to reveal himself at some point because he was the one who invited her here. 

The band had started playing about fifteen minutes ago and Luke had noticed a certain redhead in the middle of the crowd of couples dancing by herself. Her hips swayed back and forth to the beat of the sensual music. Her hands ran up and down her sides while her hips moved perfectly. She had the biggest smile on her face while giggling to herself. Luke couldn't look away from her as he noticed the way she looked in her tight skirt. The hem was riding up a bit from her dancing, showing off her thighs. She had shed her jacket and was now just wearing her plum shirt which was just low enough to see some cleavage. Luke licked his lips and motioned for Mark to come over, "I'm taking my break now. Do you have this handled by yourself?" "Sure man, go have fun with that girl you've been staring at." Luke felt his cheeks heat up, but he didn't care in the moment. He wanted to get to Rhiannon before his break was over. 

Luke walked over to Rhiannon, standing behind her. He leaned into her so he could speak closer to her ear, "Hey wildflower." Rhiannon jumped at the sudden presence behind her. Her eyes were wide with surprise as she held her hand on her chest. "Luke! You scared me!"

Luke chuckled and offered his hand, "Will you dance with me, Wildflower? You looked like you were having a great time on your own, but I could show you a better time." Rhiannon was feeling confident from the alcohol she consumed. She took Luke's hand and spun herself so her back was up against his front. She placed his hand on her right hip and started swaying to the music. "I actually think I can show you a better time," Rhiannon smiled up at Luke. He grabbed her other hip and pulled her into himself more swaying with her hips. "You look great tonight," he whispered in her ear. His mouth was inches away from her ear and she could feel his hot breath on her neck. Rhiannon leaned her head back against his chest with her eyes closed. She let out a soft breath when Luke nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck, his hands tightening on her hips. Their movements were no longer in time with the music, but neither of them cared. 

Luke pressed a kiss to the side of Rhiannon's neck and she suddenly stopped her movements all together quickly turning to face him. Luke was alarmed by the sudden movement, he didn't mean to overstep, but she felt so good pressed up against him. He didn't want the moment to end. Rhiannon surprised him by wrapping her arms around his neck. Her right hand grasping some of his curls at the back of his neck. She looked up at Luke through her eyelashes. Her lip was bitten trying not to let her smirk show. As she leaned closer, Luke's heart was racing in his chest. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to feel her plump lips on his. He leaned closer to her. His head ducking down toward her. He placed his hands back on her hips, gripping them tightly. She leaned in, but at the last second left a lingering kiss just next to his lips. 

"I have to go, but I'll see you next time okay?" Rhiannon said softly. Luke just nodded. He was too surprised to do anything else. She removed her arms from around Luke's neck and quickly made her way over to Marnie who was already half asleep in the booth. "Come on Marn, we're leaving," Rhiannon spoke as she hauled her friend out of the booth. 

Luke stood in the center of the bar staring off into space with a goofy grin on his face. Rhiannon's lips left a hot feeling next to his mouth. He could still feel them there even minutes later. He watched her pull her friend out of the booth and walk her over to the door. Rhiannon looked back at Luke and laughed because he was still just standing there. She smiled and waved turning away quickly so she could get herself and Marnie home. Luke lifted his hand to wave back, but they were already gone. 

*I hope everyone had a great Christmas!*

*What's your favorite animal?*

*Which 5sos member do you want to talk music with the most and why?*