*Chapter Five*

"I'm telling you Marnie, he was so close to my face! I could feel his breath on the top of my head," Rhiannon threw her hands up in the air. "I can't believe you have some hot guy after you. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Rhiannon wasn't sure why she hadn't told her best friend. Maybe she wanted to keep him to herself. She didn't want to think of the man for too long. She didn't need someone tying her down right now.

She would admit that having someone interested in her was exciting. The flirting and random run-ins were definitely fun. And she couldn't deny how attractive Luke was. She loved the chest hair that peaked out of his shirt in the shop last week. She shuddered at the thought of running her hands down his shoulders to his chest.

"Come on Rhi, you were just thinking about him! I need to know more. Why are you being so shy?"

"You know why I'm being shy. I can't think about anyone else when I have to deal with Jitters and especially not after Dylan. You know how heartbroken I was after Dylan!"

Rhiannon threw some dirty dishes in the dishwasher slamming the door shut. Marnie knew how sensitive she was about Dylan, but she wanted Rhiannon to find some excitement in her life. She wanted her to let loose and not worry about the bills of the coffee shop they owned together. The brunette swiped her bangs out of her face and sighed loudly, "I know what Dylan did to you, but that was so long ago! Please go out and have some fun even if it's just for a good fuck. I bet you need one right now."

The blush on Rhiannon's cheeks was noticeable. She tried to hide it by busying herself with clearing tables, but Marnie knew her best. She could sense the embarrassment from across the small room. "Oh my god. Has it actually been that long?"

"My sex life is none of your concern, thank you very much. And not that it matters, but I think I take care of myself quite well," the redhead said with a cheeky grin. "I've mastered masturbation through the years. You can't expect a man to please you. They're only in it for themselves." A few customers looked Rhiannon's way and she remembered they weren't by themselves. There was a mom with a bob haircut glaring at her and Marnie while pushing her child out of the coffee shop's doors. The chime of the small bell let them know they had exited quickly. "Well, that's probably a customer that won't be returning," Marnie laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "It's her loss really. I could probably give her some tips," The women were sent into a fit of giggles until the bell rang again. This time a man with curly blond hair walked in the door.

Rhiannon saw Luke before Marnie did. Not that Marnie knew what to look for. She knew almost nothing about the man who was vying for her best friend's attention. Rhiannon tried to excuse herself to the kitchen to bake some cookies, but Marnie noticed how fidgety she was. Marnie glanced at the doorway to the tall stranger and back at Rhiannon, a devious smile appearing on her tan face. "I'm going to go do some dishes, can you handle it up here?"

It was like the wind had been knocked out of Rhiannon. She couldn't believe Marnie would leave her here with Luke. Well, she could actually. Marnie was always trying to get Rhiannon into trouble. She was always the one who wanted to sneak into clubs when they were underage and ditch classes to makeout with her boyfriend. "Uh yeah- I'll um, I'll be fine up here," Rhiannon grimaced at the brunette.

Luke had no idea who Rhiannon was talking to, but he was thrilled that she was leaving the two of them alone. He had been itching to go back to Jitters, but didn't want to seem too eager. He wouldn't admit it, but the mystery was part of the fun.

"Hello wildflower. Funny running into you at work," Luke grinned at Rhiannon as he walked closer to the counter. Luke dug his hands into the pockets of his dress pants rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. "Actually, I'm not just at work. I own this shop."

Luke was impressed, but he wouldn't show it. It was unusual for a young person to have their own business. Rhiannon couldn't be more than twenty three, but Luke couldn't quite tell because she was just so short. Compared to him, she seemed like the height of a child. He just wanted to pick her up and cuddle her, she was so cute. "Well I'm sorry miss business owner. I apologize for mistaking you for just a worker," Luke mumbled as he leaned his elbows on the counter while looking at the menu above Rhiannon's head.

Rhiannon rolled her eyes and flattened out her apron. "What can I get you? Do you have any questions?"

Luke smirked. His blue eyes lit up at the inquiry, "Actually wildflower, I've been dying to know your name."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she tilted her head to the side, "You'll have to work a little harder than that for my name. I told you I don't give my information out to strangers".

"Oh come on! We've met three times now. I'd say we're on best friend status. I know what kind of car you drive, what music you like and that you own Jitter's. What more is there to know?"

Rhiannon giggled. She actually giggled at Luke. She hadn't noticed, but she leaned closer to the tall man in front of her. Luke did notice. He noticed how Rhiannon mirrored his action of resting his elbows on the counter.

"How about you meet me at the bar across the street later tonight and get to know me? Bring your friend who's lurking around the corner with you." Marnie rushed back into the kitchen, but not before knocking a metal bowl off the shelf and onto the floor. She ignored the clanging of metal on concrete and made herself appear busy and not at all like she was eavesdropping on their conversation. Rhiannon looked back at Marnie just as the bowl hit the floor. When she turned around, Luke was already out the door and walking down the street.

*It is almost 3am and here I am writing a chapter. Old habits die hard, I guess. Night time is my thinking time.*

What do we think is going to happen?/ Is Rhiannon going to the bar?

Who is Dylan?

Thank you so much for reading! I haven't written anything in years and it means so much even if only one person is reading!