*Chapter One*

This cannot be happening right now,
Luke thought to himself. Luke's car
wouldn't start and he was about to be
late to class. He ran a hand through his
curly blond hair and slammed his fist on
the steering wheel of the black sedan. He
groaned, leaning back into the leather
seat. There was only one thing he could
do to get to class on time and that was to
call an Uber. He couldn't believe he had
to resort to calling an Uber when he was
sitting in a perfectly good car. Well, at
the moment the car wasn't doing him any good. Luke chuckled at his thoughts. He'd have to get his car towed to a shop to get it repaired. He couldn't be bothered with that right now. He had to make sure he didn't miss his class. Not wanting to waste any more time, he unlocked his phone and ordered an Uber. 

As he waited in the lobby of his apartment, Luke rocked back and forth on his feet hoping he'd get to class on time. It was his last year of optometry school and he had a rotation after class today. He wasn't one to be late and his professor would surely be concerned from his tardiness. Luke decided he should wait outside for his ride so he could get to class as soon as possible. He pulled his jacked closer to him not realizing it was much colder than the day before. It was fall and he should know better that the weather was colder in Pennsylvania than his home in Australia.

Rhiannon was finishing her shift at Jitters, the coffee shop she works at when her phone pinged letting her know she had a request for a ride. She looked at the clock seeing it was just after 9am. Rhiannon took her auburn hair out of the bun on top of her head and hung her apron on the hook next to the lockers in the back of the shop. Her hair rested just below her shoulders in loose waves. She put her sunglasses over her green eyes to shield them from the harsh rays of light. "Marnie, my shift is done. I'll see you tomorrow morning," Rhiannon called out while walking out of the shop she cherished. Jitters was her home away from home. Although she couldn't drink caffeine anymore due to the anxiety it gave her, she loved the welcoming aroma of the espresso and fresh baked cookies. Decaf wasn't as good as the creamy caffeinated happiness that is a latte, but it would have to suffice. 

Rhiannon hopped into her blue Ford escape. She was proud to say she bought this car on her own. After saving for years, she was able to buy the car she dreamed of having since she was a teenager. She leaned into the heated leather seats shivering slightly from the brisk autumn air. Rhiannon made sure to turn the music on loud because what's a car ride without good music? Almost forgetting her Uber call, she put her car in drive and made her way to her destination. 

Luke sighed audibly with relief when he saw his uber pull up in front of his apartment building. Opening the back seat of the car he looked to the driver. "I'm going to Salus University. I don't want to be rude, but could you please get there as fast as possible. I have a class that starts in twenty minutes," Luke smiled sheepishly at the driver through the rearview mirror. The man looked back into the mirror and grinned, "Sure thing man. I'll get you there as fast as I can".

*Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! This is all new to me so bare with me. I hope you love it!*

What do you think of Luke being an optometrist?