*Chapter Sixteen*

Rhiannon raised her eyebrows at Luke. "The car won't start? Is this why you ended up in my Uber more than once?" Rhiannon giggled.

The thunder boomed louder in the distance making Rhiannon jump in the leather seat. She glanced at Luke out of the corner of her eye. His head was turned down to his lap, eyes focused on his folded hands. The pout on his lips was that of a toddler who was being scolded of a parent. 

Rhiannon's giggles turned into boisterous laughs. Luke slowly looked over at the laughing girl. He couldn't believe she was laughing when their weekend was ruined. She was now gasping for air with tears running down her pink cheeks. Luke's pout turned into a wide smile, chuckling along with her. He was soon in hysterics. 

After taking a deep gasping breath Luke said, "Our weekend was ruined by the rain. A weekend you didn't even know about and now it's ruined." 

"Oh Luke. The weekend wasn't ruined. I had so much fun. Why don't I call AAA and we can stay the rest of the weekend in a hotel. Or we can go home and enjoy the rest of the weekend in my apartment?" 

Rhiannon scooted closer to the center console to reach for Luke's hand. 

"I have a better idea. How about we go to that cute bed and breakfast I saw on the way here? We'll still be in the woods and we can relax away from the city," he said grasping Rhiannon's hand back. 

She nodded meekly, "Only if you promise to let me pay for half of the room."

"I don't think I can let you do that wildflower. This weekend was my treat regardless if we're in a tent or in a hotel."

As they waited for AAA to arrive to hopefully just jump Luke's car, they tried to pass the time by playing I spy. It turned out that there wasn't much to spy in the middle of the night in the woods. 

"I spy something, no, someone exquisite. Someone who has gorgeous red hair and an infection laugh. I spy someone who I want to spend a lot of time with."

Rhiannon was fiddling with her fingers trying not to look at Luke. She had never been complimented so brazenly before. Luke reached over and grazed his fingers on Rhiannon's jaw, turning her face to look him in the eyes. Rhiannon's face might have been turned to Luke, but her eyes were looking anywhere but him.

A chuckle left Luke's lips, "Don't be shy, flower. It's just me. You don't ever have to be shy with me."

Rhiannon averted her eyes from the air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror. She glanced over at Luke's intense gaze. His eyes were locked on hers. "It's hard for me to not be shy around you. You make me nervous, Lu."

This time Luke's laugh was loud. "I make you nervous, huh?" he said as he leaned closer, his nose brushing softly against Rhiannon's, fingers gripping her thigh. Rhiannon nodded slowly, not taking her eyes off him.

Headlights were coming into view out of the corner of their eyes along with a rotating orange light. "That must be AAA," Rhiannon said, pulling away from Luke, "We can finish this later."

Luke squeezed her knee, agreeing with her. The man from the tow truck, Steve, was pleasant and got them to their destination quickly. The irony wasn't lost on them that they would have never met if Luke's car didn't break down that day and that they had been stuck in the woods together because of Luke's car a mere hour ago.

*Just a short chapter*
*Did you get 2 notifications for this? Wattpad is being weird*

*How do you feel about flared jeans?*

*Why are side parts not a thing anymore? Me and my side part don't care*