𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫- 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲

Rafe pulled up to his home, the rain battering the windshield of the car he had borrowed from Mitra.

There was a flower key chain dangling from the rear-view mirror, which swayed slightly every time the car turned on the way here.

There was no car seat in the back of this car, just several blankets and some pillows. Rafe wondered why she kept them in both her cars, but shrugged and pulled the large umbrella from the seat next to him, opening it and running into his home.

His father greeted him the moment he entered, a flustered look on his face.

"Where have you been?!" he scolded, his eyebrows arched in frustration.

"I'm staying the night at Mitra Covicov's. She's got her nephew a-and she could use the help" he explained, rushing to help his father understand.

"Mikael Covicov's daughter?" the middle aged man questioned, his expression softening slightly.

Rafe nodded, a smile ghosting across his lips at the memory of kissing her, and then seeing her cuddle up into a ball with the small boy they were looking after.

Ward Cameron shook his head, a bitter laugh coming from his mouth, "stupid girl, getting involved with you" he spat.

Rafe's face fell, anger suddenly taking over the fatigue, "she isn't stupid! She- she's, she's kind! And she's caring, and she listens, and she understands!" he shouted, his hands balling into fists at his side.

Ward took a step forward, eyes burning hot with fury, "if she likes you, she's stupid" he reiterated, causing Rafe to stammer to defend her.

"She isn't stupid" he snarled before pushing past his father.

The old Cameron caught his son's wrist, pulling him back towards him, "son, you listen to me and you listen good, Mitra Covicov would have to be a fool to get involved with you, or did you drugged her up, get her hooked on your filthy habit again?" his words stung Rafe more than he would care to admit.

Something snapped inside him, suddenly he saw red and Mitra's smile and knew he had to defend her, "SHE'S NOT STUPID!" he bellowed, his face growing hot and inches from his father's before he pushed him away from himself and ran upstairs to pack some clothes.

Ward Cameron scoffed and went to bed.

☠︎︎

After filling a bag with enough clothes to last him at least two days, Rafe grabbed the umbrella he came with and left the home.

Tears streamed down his face as he thought about his father's words, and he found himself driving to Barry's subconsciously.

As he pulled up the the beaten down shack, he wasn't surprised to see several groups of people littering the makeshift porch, all high or drunk.

He swallowed the ball of guilt rising in his throat and got out, storming his way over to the drug dealer.

"I- I need some shit" he told him, his voice hoarse.

Barry looked up with a dazed smile, "Country Club!" he greeted, his country drawl exaggerated by his slight high.

The dealer looked him up and down, noticing his upset demeanour, "nah, I can't sell to you whilst your like this, man. You ain't promised to pay if you all sad and shit" he told him.

Rafe sighed and dragged his hand down his teary face, the storm rocking the house as he held onto a metal pole to stay stood up.

"Who'ma callin'?" Barry asked, pulling him burner phone out of his pocket.