𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

Cold fingers slipped Mitra's dress onto her shoulders, the seamstress made an effort to make the dress fit perfectly.

"How does that look, Miss Covicov?" Maura, the woman with skills like no other, proudly displayed her work in the mirror.

Mitra smoothed the material down, "good. It looks perfect, thank you." Mitra quickly found her purse and handed the woman $300 before seeing her to the door. The sun was setting in the sky and Rafe was expected any time soon, Mak was dressed in his suit whilst playing with a toy and Bernard, who was now fully grown, was being watched by the neighbour for the night.

The woman sat herself on a chair in front of the mirror, looking at her recently cut hair in the mirror. "What'dya think about mommy's hair, Mak?"

The boy stuck his thumb up in an approving manner before going back to his playing. The doorbell rang.

"Oh, you know who that is?"

Mak beamed and waited to be picked up, a request quickly abided by before the two hurried downstairs to open the door.

Stood on the doorstep, bouquet of beautiful blue flowers in hand, Rafe stood smiling at the two. Behind him, a sleek, white Limousine was waiting with the whole Cameron family inside. The man looked taken aback as he pulled the two in for a kiss each, Mak's on the head and Mitra's on the lips. "You look..." he trailed off as he gestured around, "just... wow."

Mitra smiled, running her hand across Rafe's cheek. "You look gorgeous, Rafe."

He thanked her and handed her the flowers and she smiled in return. "Come in for a minute. I should put these in water before they die."

Rafe followed her in and scooped Mak from her arms. He flung the boy around for a minute or two whilst he listened to the tap running in the kitchen.

Finally, the flowers were in the vase. Mitra slipped her bag onto her shoulder and they left the house.

The chauffeur opened the door for the three and closed it again once they were inside

The chauffeur opened the door for the three and closed it again once they were inside. Mitra held Mak on her knee. "Sarah, you look beautiful!" she gushed as Sarah smiled with a quickly delivered thank you! So do you! and a small hug. Ward and Rose each said hello and told Mitra how good she looked. Louisa, nicknamed Wheezie, fawned over Mak. "Hey, Lou," Mitra smiled. Wheezie gave a quick smile back and a you look nice.

"So, Mitra, how's things with the baby?!" Ward asked, handing her a champagne flute, "different than having a dog, right?"

Mitra laughed. "It's good. I mean, I looked after Mak a lot anyway, so it wasn't that big of an adjustment to him."

The man smiled, "wonderful. I'm so glad you decided to take up my offer of coming with us. Rafe would never have forgiven me if you hadn't come with us."