𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐤𝐢

It had been a day since Morello's accident, and Rafe hadn't left Mitra's side the entire time.

He helped change Mak, he helped bathe him and he even read him a bedtime story before getting in bed with Mitra and cuddling her.

Of course, it hadn't lasted long before shrill cries were coming from the nursery, which resulted in Rafe telling Mitra to stay and sleep some more whilst he got him settled again.

He ended up feeding the baby, sat in the rocking chair with his shirt off and a towel draped over his shoulder for any vomit he may produce.

Mitra was still asleep by the time he had put the boy back down, so he silently slid back in between her sheets and pulled her back towards him.

News of JJ Maybank's gun toting had spread through the island like wildfire, resulting in Rafe, Topper, Kelce, Mitra and Bernard walking along the edge of some water and surveying the damage Agatha caused whilst listening to Topper gossip about the previous night's events.

"I mean, I just... I can't get it out of my head," Topper started, cup in hand, "it's just on repeat. 'Your move, broski'"

Kelce looked between Topper and Mitra, the latter of the two only half paying attention as she fed Makari.

"Bro, he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head" Kelce stressed.

Mitra rolled her eyes, knowing full well that Topper was drowning John B and most likely had it coming, though she stayed silent and let the conversation play out.

"That's what I'm saying, it's insane" Topper agreed.

"Safety off!" Kelce reminded him.

Rafe shook his head and wrapped his arm around Mitra's shoulder, stroking Mak's hair lightly, "That Pogue. They're freaking Pogues, man."

Mitra looked up at him, slightly angry, "just because they're 'Pogues' doesn't mean they're bad people" she reminded him.

Rafe apologised half heartedly and kissed her before going back to the conversation, leaving Mitra to focus entirely on Makari as he guzzled on the baby formula in the bottle.

The five's walk came to a stop when Kelce spotted a certain blonde girl talking to a child, who was turning her shoulders slightly as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Yo, that's Sarah" the curly haired boy pointed out.

Mitra looked up from Mak and handed him to Rafe, "hey, baby, can you take Mak for me? I'm gonna go see what she's doing" she told him, kissing the baby before jogging over to Sarah.

"So I don't get one then?" Rafe asked, handing Topper his drink so he could feed Mak.

Mitra ignored him and made her way over, "hey Sarah, hey Molly!" she smiled.

Sarah greeted her with a hug and explained that Molly had lost her teddy before they both bent down to talk to the girl again, "Oh, so you left her in the boat?" she asked, her fingers sweeping her hair from her face.

The young girl nodded and made a hum of agreement.

"Can you tell us what she looks like?" Mitra asked, smiled and picking the girl up.

She nodded with a smile, "She has a trunk and blue ears" she informed them as Sarah made her way over to the boat.

"Be careful Sarah" Mitra warned at the same time the young girl said,

"be careful of electricity"

Sarah told the girls she would be ok and took her first step onto the boat.

Molly's neighbour stuck her head across the porch railing, "excuse me, there's 14,000 volts in those wires" she informed her in a country accent that made Mitra giggle.

Topper stressed as Rafe bounced Mak absentmindedly, the bottle now empty as his hand patted his back to wind him.

"Hey, Sarah, be careful!" the blonde shouted.

More people, meaning Rose, warned Sarah as she neared the elephant teddy that was stranded in the boat, informing the two girls that she could see her.

Sarah noticed that the wire was disconnected and decided it would be fun to prank everyone.

She faked a fall, which resulted in Mitra turning so the young girl couldn't see Sarah as her body hit the floor.

She held the wire up after a moment, laughing and telling them, "it's disconnected".

Mitra rolled her eyes and set the little girl down as she laughed herself.

Rafe and Kelce made fun of Topper as he stared, half frustrated and half relieved, at Sarah.

Mitra made her way back over and took Mak from Rafe, who protested slightly but eventually let go.

Rafe turned to Topper with a laugh, "Congrats, pussy, you're officially her bitch" he teased.

Mitra covered the babies' ears and laughed, "language! But yeah, you are her bitch, Top" she laughed, which made Rafe laugh as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead.

"Officially, did you know that? You're officially her bitch, all right?" he joked before walking off with Mitra and Makari.

He sat them down on a tree that had fallen, the baby bouncing on Mitra's knee as he turned to look at her, "what are we?" he asked, taking a sip of his drink and throwing a ball for Bernard to chase after.

Mitra looked at him with a smile, "are you asking me the question, Rafe?" she joked, making a puppy face as he rolled his eyes.

"I mean, we're practically dating. I help you with Mak, you're keeping me sober, we said we like each other" he listed.

Mitra smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder, "well, what do you want?"

"Honestly, I want to protect you and Makkie. I want to- like- make you breakfast and shit, y'know?" he asked, which caused Mitra to smile fondly as she kissed his shoulder through the floaty material of his shirt.

"So, you want to be my boyfriend then" she confirmed, pulling Mak so he was lay on her shoulder.

Rafe smiled as he realised that he did, in fact, want to be her boyfriend, "yeah" he laughed.

"Ok, I'll be your girlfriend. Now, your first order of business as my boyfriend is to go and get me Mak's stroller. Can you do that for me, boyfriend?" she teased, kissing him as he jogged of with her dog to hastily do as she asked.

She pulled Mak off her shoulder and back to her knee, bouncing it again as he made grabby hands for her hair.

"Mama" he babbled, causing Mitra to hurry to correct him.

"No I-," and then it dawned on her, she was his 'mama' and there was nothing she could do about it considering his biological 'mama' was brain dead, as the doctors had told her yesterday.

Mitra laughed as she hugged him and ran inside to tell Rafe.

"Rafe! Rafe! Baby you will never guess what just happened! Mak- Mak called me 'mama'! Isn't that cute?!" she fawned.

Rafe watched her with fond eyes as she fussed over the baby, happy that she was happy.

He smiled and nodded his head, "yeah, yeah- it's really cute" he muttered airily, talking more about her than the situation at hand.

Mozzie rn: 👁👄👁

But anywayyy, pls tell me what you think!

I'm so sorry about the whole Morello situation, but it will be over soon *wink wink*

Do with that information what you will, you will find out soon.

I would like to give a special thanks to your7nan for supporting every chapter I post! Love you and thank you!