𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐭

"Golfin' with kids man, it ain't easy" Rafe mumbled to Topper as he watched Mitra run after Mak with a smile on her face, only for him to run into her legs and them both to topple over with bright smiles.

The blonde teen laughed lightly as they watched the boy and the girl play together, Mitra on her back and Mak sat across her stomach, his hands pressed to her cheeks whilst he laughed.

"So what's happenin' with you two?" Topper asked, nodding his head toward her.

Rafe kissed his teeth with a smile amd shook his head, looking down, "I told you man, I asked her, she said yes... That's all".

Topper scoffed with a dirty, boyish grin, "that ain't what I meant, and you know it" he teased, nudging Rafe's arm slightly.

"I ain't tellin' you that man"

"You usually would"

"Well, not this time"

❁❁

"Hey, I don't think he's a member, do you?" the brunette boy asked with a slight scowl, catching Mitra's attention as she closed Mak's bowl of baby food and placed it back in his red backpack.

"It's fine, just- just let him go, alright? Let's uh... Let's go get your ball. Come on" Topper informed him, lightly pushing him along as he made eye contact with Mitra, who had a confused- and slightly concerned- look on her face.

"Yeah, Rafe? Don't do anything stupid" she stated firmly as she picked Mak up and bounced him on her hip.

"They put a gun to your head, bro" the young man stated blankly, an annoyed look on his face as he pulled his lip between his teeth, eyes squinting from the sun.

"That's fine. It's fine. Let's go," Topper tried again, to no avail as his friend began to walk toward the boy carrying several plastic shopping bags, "Hey, Rafe, Rafe! Let's go get your ball, man."

Rafe ignored him as he continued his path, both Topper and Mitra following behind him.

The blonde turned to her with a concerned look painting his tan features, "if this goes south, take Mak and leave" he informed, to which Mitra shook her head as she brushed some hair from the baby's face.

"If this goes south, I wanna know exactly what's happening" she decided with a stern look, "I've seen Rafe like this more than once before and I need to know what's about to happen."

Topper took a breath and nodded in defeat, turning back to Rafe, who was just about to greet Pope.

"Hey, what's up man? Hey, how much for one of those beers?" he asked, prodding the crate with the handle of his golf club.

"They're not for sale" the younger boy deadpanned, a look of distaste clear on his face as he attempted to move around the taller man.

"Rafe, babe, just leave it" Mitra advised softly, pulling Mak slightly closer and pulling his hat further down his head.

"No, no, no, no, baby. He isn't a member, and this is members only"

Pope went to walk past him again, only to be pushed back by Rafe, "oh, wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one then, right?" he jeered sternly, much to Mitra's displeasure, who took a step backward and turned so Mak couldn't become alerted by the growing tension.