𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧- 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

A/N- Dress from 'Oh Polly'

Mitra had just gotten out of her hour long bath, her fingertips were wrinkled along with her toes and her hair now smelt of honey.

Her phone rang from her bedroom, so she finished drying the mop of brunette strands on her head and made her way toward the noise.

When she answered, she was greeted by the nickname she hated the most in the world, "Cocaine Baby".

Mitra rolled her eyes and set her phone on speaker and began towel drying her body.

"What's up, B?"

"Guess... Who I- I just sold to" he teased, his words drunkenly slurred and his grin cocky as ever.

Mitra's attention was immediately gained, the towel dropped to the floor as she hurriedly put on underwear, "I told you not to sell to Rafe, B" she voiced, tone crossed with anger and sadness.

Barry never usually felt guilty, but for some reason, when he heard the tone of Mitra's voice, he did. Maybe it was because he had seen Rafe with Mak, which reminded him of how his father used to be like that before he got hooked on coke.

"I- I'm sorry CB, he wanted credit, which means he ain't gon do any" he excused, hands slumping lazing in his lap as he sat on the edge of his bed.

Mitra sighed and went over to her closet. She pulled out a dark pink, rushed dress with a frilly top.

She slipped it on as she made her way back over to her desk, where her phone was lay.

She swiped some makeup on and pushed her hair behind her ears, "alright, at least you told me, I guess" she huffed, finger already ending the call.

She rushed downstairs and fed Bernard before slipping a pair of black heels on, getting in her glossy white Tesla and driving to the one place she didn't want to go to.

A kook party.

Kelce was leaned over a coffee table with lines covering it, a rolled up dollar bill edging across his nostril as he inhaled the powder.

Rafe observed from next to him, his knee bouncing anxiously as the image of Mitra's disappointment crossed through his mind once again.

Little did he know, that as his leg bounced, Mitra's were stepping out of her vehicle.

Little did he know, that as he pushed himself off the sofa to greet Topper, Mitra was pushing open the heavy glass door.

Little did he know, that as he watched Topper do his second line, Mitra had rounded the corner and was watching him.

He looked up, eyes suddenly like a deer in headlights and he observed the look on her face.

She seemed passive, her eyes didn't burn with the anger he expected and her voice wasn't laced with fury as she spoke.

She sighed as she held onto her black clutch in her hand, fingers toying with the small frills as she took several steps back. "Ok, I get it" she mumbled, already turning for the door by the time Rafe had caught up to her.

He grabbed her wrist, fingers rough against it as he pulled her back, "I- I can explain" he told her, face begging for the chance to do so as he looked down at her.

Mitra sighed and nodded, slipping her hand into his and leading him to an empty study down a picture- covered hallway.

She sat down on the couch as Rafe began to pace, wordlessly running his hands through his hair as he made steady breaths a distant memory, replacing them with hurried gulps for air.