𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞- 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨

The storm had ravaged through the island, trees had fallen and were covering the ground in some places, others had smashed windows and some had dismantled gardens.

Luckily for Mitra, her house had storm shutters that the workers had closed and everything that could be moved in her garden was brought into the large garage, so she was virtually unaffected.

Morello had just arrived to see her son, and the day was dragging, the time now 1:14 Pm.

"Hey Mozzie" Mitra greeted, calling for her nephew as she hugged her sister.

"Hey Minnie" she smiled, rubbing her back before bending down to hug her son, who had crawled over.

"Mama" he babbled, happy to see his mother after 2 days apart.

Morello laughed and kissed her son's cheek as Rafe came down the stairs, rubbing his eyes sleepily and yawning.

Morello's eyebrows raised suggestively as she looked at her sister, "Rafe Cameron, nice" she joked, winking as Mitra pushed her away.

The young man kissed Mitra's head and wished her 'good morning' before greeting Morello, "hey Morello, haven't seen you in, a year?" he asked.

Morello nodded and picked her child up, kissing his cheek as she shook Rafe's outstretched hand.

"About that, yeah" she told him, smiling lightly, "well, I should get going. We have a annual doctor's appointment to go to" she told them, rubbing her nose into Makari's cheek and making him laugh.

Mitra smiled and said goodbye, Rafe doing the same as the door fell closed behind the mother and son.

"They're cute, aren't they?" Mitra asked, pressing her cheek into Rafe's chest as his arm wrapped around her, pulling her into his side even further.

Rafe nodded, "what about his dad?" he asked, his tone gentle as he brought the two over to the kitchen island.

Mitra accepted his help in sitting on the cool marble, her legs dangling off the edge and him stood between them.

"He left the minute he found out about Mozzie being pregnant, not even his mom has heard from him in one and a half years" she told him, which in turn made Rafe sympathise with the young child, since his father wasn't the best either.

All his life Rafe cameron had worked for the approval of his father, it was all he ever wanted. He worked for him, he cleaned for him, hell he would have even killed for him, just to hear his father say three things.

I love you.

I'm proud of you.

You did well.

But he never did. And now, here's a girl he used to binge coke with, telling him two of the three and he's only been in this strange bubble where everything seems to revolve around them with her for just over a day.

As he ran his hand up her leg, he wondered whether or not he would do those things for his dad now that he had someone else telling him they were proud of him and that he was doing well.

For the first time in his life, Rafe Cameron was content. Stood in the beachy kitchen, his forehead pressed against Mitra's and a lazy smile on his lips, he was content.

But alas, their small world had to end at one point, their bubble had to burst.

The pin that popped the small sheen around them was the ringing of the rotator phone on the wall, catching the attention of Bernard who came bounding into the kitchen, a bone in his mouth as he wagged his tail happily.