𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

It wasn't rare to catch Mitra looking after Mak, considering she looked after him most of the time anyway, but now that Morello's accident was talk of the town, eyes were on her and her child as she took a seat on a lawn chair, handing the boy a p...

It wasn't rare to catch Mitra looking after Mak, considering she looked after him most of the time anyway, but now that Morello's accident was talk of the town, eyes were on her and her child as she took a seat on a lawn chair, handing the boy a pack of chips to eat- baby safe, of course.

A woman around 30 walked to Mitra's side, placing her young daughter on her knee as she sat in a fold-away chair beside her, smiling tightly as she said: "hi sweetheart," in the tone that people used with her when her parents died, something that didn't affect the girl even half as much as Morello's accident has, "I heard about your sister, I'm so sorry".

She placed a hand on Mitra's arm sympathetically, smiling thinly as Mitra replied after wiping some dribble from Mak's chin.

"Aw, thank you, I appreciate it".

The woman nodded, letting her daughter play with her hands. "So, how are you finding everything?"

Mitra sighed, rubbing her forehead with her free hand and attempting a tired smile- any time she wasn't with Rafe or looking after Mak recently, she seemed to spend crying. "I'm tired," she started lightly, hoping not to get into the details of her stress with a woman she no more than buys groceries off, "but I'm getting there. Y'know, Mak was with me most of the time anyway, so it isn't a big change but... I miss Mozzie".

The woman nodded, eyes flickering to someone behind Mitra before looking back to the girl, "well sweetheart, it was lovely seeing you. Come find me if you need any help at all, I'm sure Elizabeth here would love a friend to play with".

With a brief thank you from Mitra and a final wave goodbye, the woman sauntered off to greet her friend, leaving the girl with the infant, who was yawning already.

"You tired, little man?" Mitra asked as his mouth held agape, brushing his curly hair from his face and leaning him back into a more comfortable position to sleep in, "here ya'go, Makkie".