𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫, 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫, 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

The warm sun had retired to the horizon for the night, leaving the moon to take her place. Now, reflecting whatever light he could, the moon lit the Midsummers attendees with a pale grey colour.

Mitra was dancing with Sarah and Mak, any worries forgotten for the duration of the PG-13 song. Rafe was sat at a circular table with a beer in his hand, watching the brunette he adored laugh and dance along to the music. Every so often, he would chime in with a distant 'yeah' or a 'totally' as to avoid teasing from Kelce and Topper that, all things considered, he didn't really care about. It was more to do with Rafe's plans for the evening; he didn't want to draw any attention to himself, and talking any louder than a kindergarten 'inside voice' would attract dissatisfied glances from everyone around him.

JJ Maybank was drifting through the crowd, collecting glasses. He handed Sarah a note and mumbled a quick 'lookin' good' to Mitra before floating away as quickly as he arrived. Unfortunately, Rafe saw Mitra's small 'thank you' glance and was settled on his fury by the time Kelce had finished talking about how his date had the 'nicest ass he had ever seen'.

Almost jumping from his seat, he sprung into action and was only stopped by a hand on his arm. Topper held onto him, clearly confused. "What's goin' on, man?"

Rafe clenched his jaw, "that fuckin' pogue, tryna' hit on my girl." Topper scoffed, mumbling out a quick 'nah, you should get his ass.'

Kelce seemed keen, so the three stormed in the blonde's direction. Unfortunately for Rafe, the one person who could stop him from ripping JJ Maybank limb-from-limb rushed over to halt whatever stupid plan he had.

"Rafe? Rafe, what's goin' on?" Mitra asked, keeping her tone as casual as possible. She quickly held onto his hand. "I need you for somethin', can you come with me? Please?"

After taking a moment to regain his composure, the boy nodded. Mitra asked Rose, who had been eyeing the situation, to watch Mak, which she was more than happy to do.

Mitra pulled Rafe through a series of corridors until they found a door marked 'Cameron'.

She pushed the door open before locking it behind them both. She leant against the doorframe whilst she watched her boyfriend pace around the room.

"What did he say to you?" he snapped, eyes ablaze.

"Who?" Mitra asked, confused.

Tutting, Rafe shook his head. "Don't give me that, Min. JJ, that fuckin' pogue." He took a swift step forward. Mitra loved around him to lean against the desk.

"Nothing, Rafe! He said he liked my dress! Big deal! What, am I not allowed to have friends now?!" She leant back slightly, annoyed by his attitude. "What?" she snapped after a moment had passes and he didn't say anything, he stared at the floor. "Rafe, say something!"

Running white hot with anger, his fists clenched by his sides. He kept his jaw so tight that Mitra thought his teeth might shatter. "Shut up, Min."

Confused and slightly intrigued by the angry side of him, Mitra pushed harder. "Does it annoy you? How he complimented me? How he looked me up and down. How his hip accidentally touched mine when he left? Does it annoy you that I said 'thank you'? Hm, Rafe?"

He was unable to control himself any longer. His head whipped around to absorb the expression on Mitra's face. She smirked at him. He thundered over to her, pinning her against the desk with his arms. She had to lean back slightly in order to make eye contact. "Watch your mouth," he rumbled, licking his lips that were formed in a snarl. "Or you're gonna regret it."