CH.9: RAIN

EDWARD TURNS OFF THE MUSIC once he pulls into the Swan's driveway. Charlie's car hasn't pulled in yet, so Ivy's guessing he will work late tonight. Beau's truck is pulled into the driveway, but he texted Ivy that he would be home later, whatever that means, which leaves the house to her and Edward.

"You want to come in?" Ivy asks him as she grabs her bag.

"Sure," he says before getting out of the car and, in seconds, opening her door.

"Nice. Very human," Ivy smirks, stepping out of his car and closing the door behind her.

"It's definitely resurfacing. I think you have something to do with that," He says as they walk to her porch steps.

"You think I'm bringing back your human side?" Ivy asks him as she turns her key before opening the door.

"Well, certain parts. There are still many things, not even you could help," he sighs as Ivy puts her bag down next to the door. "Can I ask you a few questions?" He asks as they walk into the small kitchen.

"Sure. What do you want to know?" Ivy asks curiously.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks. It's a simple question, but she answers anyway.

"Hm, I don't know. Green, maybe?" Ivy replies as they take a seat at her small dining room table.

"Why?" he asks with interest.

"Not sure. I think it's growing on me the more I'm here. The forests here can be beautiful and mysterious at the same time. I love it," Ivy replies.

He nods before asking, "What music do you listen to?" Ivy takes a second to remember what she was last listening to.

"My stepdad gave me this CD to listen to, but it's not really my style. As I said earlier, the seventies had a lot of good music, but I don't really have a specific genre that I favor. I'll make you a playlist if you want."

"I'd love that," he smiles.

It continued like this for over an hour, with them both asking questions and getting to know each other more. Movies she hated and liked, places he had visited, the kind of books they read. They talked a lot about books. Ivy can't remember the last time she spoke so much about herself, but she was enjoying herself all the same.

He was very curious as to why her favorite gemstone was amber because she wouldn't tell him. But looking into his golden amber eyes, she couldn't forget the reason for the sudden change when, for a while, it was Opal. If you had asked her a week ago, it would've been onyx when his eyes were a deep shade of black.

Every so often, she would catch his eyebrows twitch to furrow or his nose to slightly wrinkle or flair. If she weren't so obsessed with admiring his beauty, she probably wouldn't have noticed. "What? Do I smell?" Ivy asks, feeling a little self-conscious.

"No. You smell fine. Well, more than fine to me. You don't have a dog, right?" He clenches his jaw, looking towards the stairs.

"No? Why? What do you smell?" Ivy asks.

"It's probably nothing," He says before bringing his attention back to her.

The corners of his mouth pull up a little as Ivy's stomach grumbles lowly. "Sorry, I'm not used to being around someone who needs to eat regularly. I forget," he says.

"I'm fine," Ivy assures him.

"No, eat," he encourages.

Ivy sighs as she gets up and moves to the fridge. She scans the shelves for something she could make easily. "I guess leftovers will do," she says before she takes out some wrapped lasagna and puts a square on a plate, and heating it in the microwave. The smell of tomatoes and oregano soon filled the kitchen air.