EPILOGUE

One year later...

IN ANY OTHER SITUATION, EDWARD would be entirely against turning his girlfriend into a vampire. But after the short conversation in the tree house, the one they had in her bedroom not long after, prom, and finally, graduation, he couldn't think of anyone else he would want to spend eternity with but her.

He hadn't mentioned it to Ivy. He planned on telling her long after graduation. But there she was, laying on the Cullen's couch in the living room with two healed crescent scars on her forearm where Edward had sunk his teeth into her skin. His venom was running through her veins, making fast work on changing her into a different species.

Her natural beauty was becoming enhanced. Her hair becoming healthier, her lips are fuller, her posture is straighter, her freckles have disappeared, her chest is fuller, and her skin is paler, softer, and colder. She's transitioning into a predator.

Ivy's been in a coma-like state for over two weeks now.

Edward has been overthinking the entire process since before he ever agreed to this solution in the first place. His family believes he's done the right thing, turning her now. He's scared. He's terrified of the possibility that she may not survive her transition.

Her heartbeat was becoming impossibly slow. Around ten beats per minute.

The day after graduation, Ivy told Charlie she planned to move out and live with the Cullens until she and Edward got their own place. He didn't seem pleased with the idea of Ivy living with a boy. But Charlie had to remind himself that it is normal for teenagers to move out once they're done with high school. He had to let her go.

She moved out the following week. She hadn't taken much: some clothes, jewelry, her computer and phone, some makeup, and a picture of her, Jacob, and Bella when they were kids. She also kept all her Polaroid photos in the past year and a half but decided to leave everything else. She won't need them anymore.

Ivy and Edward discussed her transition one last time an hour before it would happen. The last thing she wanted to do before she would turn was have a deliciously warm Nutella sandwich.

What? Don't judge her! She won't be able to eat anything at all now.

Edward hasn't taken his eyes off his fiance ever since her transition started.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that he proposed. It was two weeks before her transition.

They were walking through the forest surrounding the Cullen's Mansion, hand in hand. Ivy was making the point that even though Cedric was, she didn't think Edward would be a Hufflepuff. He didn't disagree but enjoyed watching her rant and speaking her mind freely.

He adores moments like this. Because she is one of the two people whose minds he can't read, his desire to know her every thought becomes unsatisfied when she doesn't share them.

He agreed with her opinion as she leaned her body into his. He pulled away, causing her to grow concerned. "You okay?" She asked.

He didn't reply.

He stood before her and took both hands in his before getting down on one knee.

Ivy's eyebrows slowly rose at his action. "You're serious?"

He nodded once, a smile gracing his god-like features. "If we're going to spend eternity together, we might as well do it right."

She grinned down at her man.

Edward released a breath he had been holding for a while. "Ivy Swan, will you-."

"Yes."

He chuckled. "May I finish the question?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐒 | 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐂. & 𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐃. 🎉