CH.19: THE SKETCH

TW: Mention of blood. (Although, if you've watched/ read Twilight, you should be fine.)

AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION, IT WAS decided that Alice, Jasper, Jacob, and a few other Quilutes' were going to take and stay with the Swan siblings in Phoenix, Arizona, Beau, and Ivy's home before Forks.

It seemed like the most obvious place to go, in Ivy's opinion. The first place the tracker would look. But Edward had insisted that with him and the rest of the Cullens leading him north, as far away from them as possible, they'd be able to hunt him down and kill him.

Edward told Ivy and Beau how to kill a vampire when he asked before we split up. From what Ivy gathered, you break them into pieces and light them on fire. How fun.

Before leaving the state, everyone had met up at the Cullen's mansion. In order to confuse their smell, Beau and Emmet traded clothes. Beau tends to wear considerably big clothes as it is but Emmet made them look small, tightly clinging onto his many mussels. Ivy gave Esme a jacket of hers to wear. She pulled it off so well that Ivy let her keep it, which she was thankful for. Ivy still had Edward's hoodie on, not daring to take it off, knowing they wouldn't be together for some time.

Esme and Rosalie took Beau's truck while Alice, Jasper, Jacob, Beau, and Ivy took the Cullen's Mercedes. Most of the wolf pack who joined them took their motorbikes. The rest of the Cullens took the Jeep. Alice was positive that James would track Edward while Victoria would follow Rosalie and Esme. Edward and Ivy shared a brief, yet passionate, kiss before they separated.

Now, in the most expensive hotel Arizona had to offer, they were in their sweet which was on the top floor. In total, they got three rooms. One for Beau and Ivy, the other two for the Quileute boys. The three rooms were joined by a small living room. Jasper and Alice were currently sitting on the couch, a glass coffee table separating us as Ivy paced back and forth on the carpet. They've been here for almost three days. Edward has been keeping Ivy updated on his side through text.

Alice has been watching people's decisions and how they will affect the future for the past twenty minutes and her silence isn't giving Ivy much hope.

Ivy stops her stroll when her phone vibrates in her back pocket. She takes it out to see her boyfriend's name on the screen.

-

Incoming call from: Edward Scissor-hands ❤️

Decline or Accept

-

"Hey," Ivy sighs once she answers. "Are you okay?" she asks, walking toward her room for some privacy.

"We lost the tracker," He replies as Ivy watches Beau, Jacob, and Sam walk towards Alice as she tells them something Ivy can't hear. Probably the same news. "Victoria is still in the area. Rosalie and Esme are going back to Forks to protect your father. I'm coming to get you."

"You're coming?" Ivy repeats, a wave of relief washing over her.

"Yeah. You okay, all things considered?" he wonders.

"Honestly?" Ivy sits down at the foot of her bed, looking out of her open door to the group that has formed around the coffee table. "I'm just really happy to hear your voice."