CH.22: HEARTBEAT

PROM IS THIS AFTERNOON. VIOLET and Alice are here to get ready with Ivy. The sun was just making its way toward the horizon as Ivy concentrated on her reflection in the mirror, putting a subtle shimmery eyeshadow on her eyelids.

The doors to Beau and Ivy's room are open so that they can move between them freely. Ivy leans against the sink in her and Beau's shared bathroom as her speaker plays various songs by Lana Del Ray. Alice curls her hair for Ivy as she hums along to the music.

Edward is planning on coming by later with Jasper to pick them up. Violet is planning on leaving to pick up Blase in an hour.

Ivy hears her phone's ringtone coming from her room so she quickly excuses herself before leaving to retrieve it. Ivy walks through her doorway, glancing at her dress which is hung on the door, before passing Violet who is touching up her makeup at the vanity.

Ivy has a vanilla-scented candle burning, the smell bringing a soothing aroma around her room. She unplugs her phone from its charger where it was discarded on her bedside table.

_________________
Incoming Facetime call from...
Birth Giver ❤️
Decline or Accept
_________________

She answers, holding her phone out in front of me. "Hey, Mama," Ivy grins once the call connects.

"Oh," she gasps, the grin Ivy always sees her mom wearing is present. "Look at you, kiddo. Getting ready for your first prom." She smiles sadly. She wanted to be here in person but couldn't due to how much traveling she and Phil have been doing lately.

"I think you mean, kiddos," Ivy corrects, envisioning the S of "Kiddos" as she walks toward Beau's room.

"What?" Rene asks, a happy, yet surprised, expression taking over her features. Ivy turns her phone to her brother who is adjusting the royal blue Die that Alice let him borrow from Jasper's wardrobe as he looks at himself in the mirror. "Oh, Bea!" their mom gasps again, causing Beau to notice Ivy and her phone. "You look dashing, Darling."

He smiles sheepishly and looks down. "Thanks, Mom."

Jacob had somehow managed to convince Beau to take him to prom so he invited Jessica to come over and help him get ready as well. She sits on Beau's bed, painting her nails with some pink nail polish that Ivy is assuming she brought.

Ivy shares a smile in greeting with the girl before handing her phone to her brother, making him look at her. "Talk to Mom while I change," she says.

"Okay," he nods. Ivy leaves his room, hearing him start to introduce Jessica to their mom.

Pacing back to her doorway, Ivy stands in front of her dress. She runs her fingers over the beautiful midnight blue fabric, admiring how the light affects it. She pulls it away from the door, taking it off its hanger before striding fully into her room and closing the door behind herself.

Violet is still at Ivy's vanity, pinning her hair up into an extravagant bun.

Ivy carefully lays her dress on her bed before slipping out of Edward's hoodie and her jeans. She picks up the dress by its straps, turning it around so she can step into it. Ivy hooks the spaghetti straps over her shoulders, unhooking and slipping her bra out from underneath before tossing it along with her jeans into her laundry basket.

"V, could you tie me up?" Ivy asks her, holding the front of the dress to her chest.

Violet turns around, smiling as she looks Ivy up and down. "Sure," she replies, standing, her firey orange dress trailing behind her.