CH.21: THE ENVELOPE

IT'S A ODD DAY IN forks. They had all gotten back just a few days ago. When Ivy woke up this morning, she saw the sun out, which meant the Cullens would be on their regular "camping trip". She chose to stay home from school to watch over Beau while he was on bed rest. Their dad would've done it, but he has to be at work and Jacob will be over to nurse him once he gets out of school.

"We need to talk, Ed," Ivy tells her boyfriend softly. She shuffles into her spot on her bed so that she can look at him properly.

"That sentence is scary." He gives her a look.

"Boo," Ivy teases. " I don't mean to scare you. I just wanted to continue our conversation we had in the tree house."

His expression falls. "My mind hasn't changed."

Ivy sighs, leaning back on her palms from where she sits on her bed, still facing him. "I just... I can't envision a life where I'm happy with growing old as you stay young."

"Iv-"

"Wait, Edward. Please? This has been on my mind for a while now," she interrupts him.

He nods, allowing her to continue.

"I want to discuss the possibility of you turning me a year after graduation. That way, we would have plenty of time to prepare, I can stay the same age as you and your family, and technically you'd be dating an older woman," Ivy suggests, winking at the last part.

Edward doesn't let his expression reveal his thoughts, but Ivy knows him well enough to know he is against a proposition. He keeps his promise of staying silent as Ivy continues.

"I know you want me to experience a proper human life but I don't believe I'll be content with that. Sure, there are a few things I wanna do before I'd turn, but two years should be more than enough time for them," She tells him.

"What things?" He asks softly.

Ivy looks down to hide any possible blush as she replies. " Nothing much. I wanna go to prom, graduate, maybe take the next step in our relationship?" she mumbles, knowing no matter what volume she speaks at, he can hear her just fine.

"Iv-," He starts.

"Oh no, not sex," Ivy clarifies, realizing how that might've sounded. "I'd never push you to do it when you don't feel we'd be safe."

"Not 'we'. You," he corrects his girlfriend. He stares at her intently. She gives him a look, tilting her head to the side. "If you don't mean sex, then what did you have in mind for 'the next step'?" he asks, his eyebrows pulling together in curiosity.

"I don't know," she lies. Ivy shrugs, a little embarrassed even though she knows she shouldn't be. "Moving in together after school ends doesn't sound too bad," Ivy says, glancing up to see his expression.

"Moving in together?" He reveals a small smile.

"Yeah?" Ivy smiles with him, liking his reaction.

He stays silent for a moment as they share a look. He pauses to think about what to say next before saying, "I'll consider it."

His words cause her smile to grow into a grin. "That's all I ask," she whispers.

She leans her forehead against his, closing her eyes before sighing contently. Ivy feels his lips press against hers as his fingers trace themselves across her jawline to deepen the kiss. Ivy has to force herself not to get lost in it and deepen the kiss even further for his wishes but he's making it a lot harder for her than she expected, especially when he slips his tongue in her mouth. Ivy let out a small, involuntary moan as she carefully moved her lips with his, their tongues now dancing with one another.