CH.13: HUMAN

THE DOUBLE DATE IS GOING great. The movie had ended but they all stayed afterward to hang out a bit. Now that they had turned on the outdoor lights again Ivy let her eyes wander the parking lot.

She sees other couples enjoying their time together, the snack shack to get popcorn, many other vehicles parked, Beau and Jacob, and- Wait. Beau and Jacob?

There they were, leaning against a van with many other people, mostly couples, standing around and laughing with them. Ivy assumes that the other people are a part of Jacob's werewolf pack.

Beau looks around as well and makes eye contact with Ivy, his smile dropping. She notices that he looks at her surroundings, seeing Violet, Blase, and Edward. As soon as he sees her boyfriend he nudges Jacob.

Jacob turns to look at him as he mutters something to him before looking at the couple as well. "Edward," Ivy gets his attention to which he stops his conversation with Blase to look at her. "We might have a problem," Ivy warns him, nodding her head in Beau's direction.

She notices Edward's body gets really tense as soon as he makes eye contact with Jacob. "Crap. We need to go," Edward says, sitting up to get ready to pack up.

"No, it's too late. They already saw us." Ivy stops him, taking his cold hand in hers.

Even worse. They stood as they spoke to one another. Edward, having heard their conversation, turns to Ivy. "They're coming over."

He was right. They were making their way around cars as they got closer and closer to the truck. Violet and Blase got sucked into a conversation with each other and chatted at her car, completely unaware of the situation happening with their friend.

"Really, Ivy?" Beau asks once they reach them.

"What do you want, Beau?" Ivy sighs, not wanting to have this conversation here and now.

"What are you doing here, Cullen?" Jacob glares.

"I could ask you the same thing," Edward replies calmly.

"What are you doing here? Did you take our truck?" Beau asks, finally noticing their vehicle.

"I called you but you didn't answer so yes, I took the truck. And last time I checked I was having a double date with my boyfriend and my friends. I have every right to be here," Ivy tells her.

"Look Ivy, I'm just trying to protect you," Beau says in a calmer tone.

She was about to reply but Edward cuts her off. "I would never hurt her." Beau, not used to the vampire talking to him falls silent.

"He's lying, Ivy. He's playing you," Jacob tries to warn her.

"Have you guys ever actually spoken to one another? Or are you just listening to passed down stories?" Ivy asks him. He opens his mouth to reply but says nothing. Instead, he goes back to glaring at Edward.

"Look, we don't want to fight, man. All I'm trying to do is have a nice date with my girlfriend and we'll be on our way," Edward tries to compromise.

"I don't want you near her at all. All you cold ones do is bring death. Leave my little sister alone," Beau speaks up.

"Alright, I know you want to 'protect' me and all but there's nothing to protect me from," Ivy stresses to convince them. Edward runs his across the back of her hand, bringing a bit of comfort to both of them.