CH.11: THE STAR

THEY STAYED IN THE TREEHOUSE for a few more hours only to fall back into what they had done the day before; Edward stayed with Ivy until she fell asleep as they talked about anything and everything...

Two weeks had gone by in a flash and with every day Edward and Ivy have gotten closer and closer. Ivy knows, without a doubt in my mind, that she is in love with this man. She hadn't expected to feel this way so soon in their relationship but it was her truth.

Beau and Ivy hadn't spoken to each other since the fight. They were both too stubborn to face each other. Ivy does her best not to let it bother her though.

It was morning when she got dragged out of her thoughts her a notification from her phone. A message from Violet.

YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET, VIOLET: Hey, babes. You free today?

WIFEY: I think so. Why?

YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET, VIOLET: I kinda need to ask you for a favor...

WIFEY:
What's up?

YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET, VIOLET:
Hey, babe. Would you and Edward like to come with Blase and I to the drive-in for a double date?

WIFEY:
You finally asked him out?! That's amazing!

YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET, VIOLET:
Actually, he asked me! I'm so excited but it would make me feel a lot better if you were there too. <3

WIFEY:
I'd have to ask Edward but I would be up for it!

YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET, VIOLET:
Kay! Let me know.
Tell The Hair I say hi lol

WIFEY:
Will do! <3

To this, Ivy turns to Edward who is lying patiently next to her from where they sit on her bed. "How would you feel about going to the drive-in for a double date?" she asks with a small smile.

He thinks for a second before answering with a question. "With whom?"

"My friends Violet and Blase. We could take the truck and they could use her car?" Ivy suggests.

He smiles a little as well. "I would love to," he replies, making Ivy's smile widen. "How do you feel about meeting my family?" he asks after a few seconds which leads to her face falling into a surprised expression.

Meeting a boyfriend's family is one thing, but to meet a boyfriend's family who are all vampires that might not like the idea of him being with a human is a whole other story. Ivy thinks about it as fast as she can, trying to push any nerves she has down before answering "I'd love to," with a smile.

His lips turn up in a grin.

Ivy blinks and her vision goes dark. She can feel a hand pulling her out into the cold outdoors. Her eyes adjust under the moonlight as Cedric brings her to a tree that sits, swaying happily, as it looks out onto the Black Lake.

"Right here," he tells Jeniffer with a handsome grin. He takes a seat, leaning his back against the trunk. He tugs on her hand a little, gesturing for her to sit with him. She does just that and sits between his long legs so that they are both looking at the lake as she leans back against his warm chest.

"What do you like about it out here so much?" Jennifer asks him curiously after a minute of listening to the light crashing of water hitting the shore.