CH.14: WITCH

WHEN EDWARD AND IVY ARRIVED at his house, she couldn't help but be in awe of how beautiful it was. The vast building was primarily windows, creating a very open atmosphere. It was just on the outskirts of Forks, hidden in the vast green forest.

"You ready to meet my family of vampires?" Edward asks casually as he looks down at Ivy. Their hands are intertwined together as they stand in front of the door.

"No. But hey, what's the worst that can happen?" she jokes, staring at the door. To say that she's nervous would be an understatement. Ivy hopes they like her. If not, then... Well, she's screwed.

Edward rubs his thumb against the back of her hand before opening the door. They walk in. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. "Not what you envisioned?" Edward asks, noticing that she is looking around.

"I wasn't expecting it to be so... open. It's nice," Ivy says, pulling off her jacket and placing it and her bag on a hook.

"Well, there's no coffins, dungeons, and motes if that's what you were expecting," Edward teases, making her smile.

"Wait, so you're saying you don't hang upside down like a bat?" Ivy jokes in return with mock shock.

"Last time I checked, no," He chuckles lightly. " This is the one place we don't have to hide."

They walk up the stairs as Ivy looks at the multiple paintings that decorate the pale white walls. She stops once she notices numerous graduation caps neatly stacked in a frame. "Is this how many times you guys have gone to high school?" Ivy asks, pointing to the artwork.

"The younger we start out, the longer we get to stay somewhere," He shrugs, leaning against the wall.

"That sounds kinda miserable. Don't you get tired of moving from place to place?" she asks, looking up at him from a lower step.

"After a while, you get used to it," he shrugs again. He tilts his head up as he listens carefully. "I told you they were gonna do this," He sighs, pulling her the rest of the way up the stairs.

They turn the corner as the smells of oregano, meat, and garlic fill the room as the host on the TV speaks at a low volume.

Stepping into the kitchen, Ivy notices four heads tilt up to look at her. She recognizes Carlisle Cullen, Edward's adoptive father, as well as Emmet Cullen, his brother. They both greet her with kind smiles, as well as a woman whom she's never met before.

Ivy does her best not to look at Rosalie Cullen, who is starting daggers into her face as she adds some things to the salad she is preparing.

The woman whom Ivy has yet to properly meet steps away from the counter and walks up to her and Edward with one of the kindest smiles Ivy has ever seen.

"Ivy, welcome! We're making Italiano for you," Esme Cullen grins.

"Oh, great!" Ivy thanked her, feeling thankful that Edward had warned her earlier not to eat too late so she could have dinner with his family. She looks behind Esme to see Emmet waving to her with a kitchen knife in his hand.

"Edward, please let Jasper and Alice know that Ivy is here. Give him some time to prepare before he joins us for dinner," Esme tells him. "I hope you're hungry," She tells Ivy.

She smiles at the vampire. Edward gave Ivy's hand a light squeeze before pacing outside to the deck and turning the corner. She turns to look back at Esme, only for her attention to be taken by Rosalie.

"Are we just gonna pretend that this isn't dangerous for all of us? You know how bad this can get, right?" Her intimidating glare does not leave Ivy's eyes as she talks.