CH.10: HYPOCRITE

IVY OPENS HER EYES TO see the palm trees in the forest outside her window, the fog around them creating a cloudy atmosphere. A small groan escapes her throat as she sits up and runs a hand through her, now, dry hair. The memories of last night rush back to her when she sees Edward turning in her desk chair to face her. "Morning."

"You stayed," Ivy replies with a sleepy grin, stretching.

"I said I would," he replies, seeming pleased with her reaction.

"What time is it?" she asks him before looking back out the raindrop-speckled window.

"A bit past nine."

Ivy hums a response as she leaves the warmth of her bedsheets and steps onto her cold wooden floor. She walks over to him with her smile, not leaving. Ivy takes his hand in hers, kissing his knuckles before resting her cheek on them. "What are you doing?" he asks quietly, with curiosity, not seeming to mind the contact.

"Making sure it wasn't a dream," she responds.

"That would be very creative," he replies.

"Is anyone else awake?" Ivy asks him.

"Your dad left an hour ago, and your brother hasn't left his room yet," he replies.

"Okay." She sits back down on her bed, looking at his new clothes and freshly combed hair. "Did you leave?" she asks.

"I could hardly leave in the clothes I came in. What would the neighbors think?" he teases.

"True. But wouldn't they also wonder why a boy was hanging outside my window late at night?" Ivy counters, looking into his golden-amber eyes as he smiles back at her.

"After the vision, you were deeply asleep. I didn't miss anything," he clarifies.

Her eyes slightly widen as she remembers the vision. "So we are getting them at the same time," Ivy realizes verbally.

Edward nods.

The vision. Just thinking about it makes her blush. From what she could gather, it was the morning after Jennifer and Cedric's first night... together.

"In the visions, you have grey eyes. Did you know?" she informs him, thinking back to how close they were.

He raises his eyebrows. "I do? Huh. That must have been the color they were before I was turned."

"I guess so," she says before getting up to walk to her dresser to find an outfit. "I'm gonna change in the bathroom. I'll be right back," Ivy tells him once she picks out some jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. She kisses his temple, and he nods before she walks out to the bathroom down the hall to change.

Once Ivy's changed, she walks out of the bathroom to see Beau walking out of his room, fully dressed as well. "Moring. I haven't really seen you in a while. Well, just you," he greets.

"Well, you've been busy," Ivy tells him, sliding her hands into her pockets.

"So have you," Beau deflects.

Ivy nods, knowing that he's right. They haven't really hung out as they used to since Ivy and Edward started dating. They stand there for a second, neither of them knowing how to break the awkward silence until Ivy speaks up. "I saw you got the dent out in the truck."

"Yeah, uh, Jacob helped me out," Beau replies, looking down at his shoes.

"You and Jacob seem to be hanging out a lot recently. You like him or something?" Ivy asks as she takes a few steps closer to her brother.