Chapter 8: Interlude

2018.

Lisa.

Lisa was nervous. It was silly, she knew. There was no reason for her to be feeling nervous. No reason at all. She was on break for a little, resting until the tour really picked up. Was she nervous about that?

Yeah, probably. That was it. That was all it was.

Right?

No, if she was being honest with herself, that most certainly was not it. There was something else or her mind. Or, rather, someone else on her mind.

Life had gotten a little complicated lately in the Blackpink house. She wished that she could just blame the arrival of Oliver James, the bodyguard, but that wouldn't have been true either. It wasn't Oliver that had brought the trouble. It had been the girls themselves.

The four of them had a history of flirting with other idols, of trying to find companionship wherever they could. None of it had ever amounted to much. Jisoo had talked to Seokjin for a while, but it had never gone anywhere. How could it, with their companies constantly being in the way? It had been cute to see Jisoo and Seokjin together after the first Seoul show, but then it had been a little awkward to see Ollie and Seokjin talking to each other. How had Ollie felt? No one had even told him!

And then, of course, Jennie and Kai. That was the biggest twist. That was also the most serious relationship any of them had been in since they had become idols. How serious was it, Lisa didn't know for sure. But she did know the look that Jennie got when she talked about him. And how he made Jennie smile. And how Jennie watched Kai's performance videos online, beaming and blushing a little.

It was cute, but scary. If their companies found out... Lisa knew that it wouldn't be pretty.

And now there was Jisoo. She seemed to have found something with Ollie. Lisa hadn't been sure about the bodyguard at first. He was, after all, interrupting the life that they had gotten used to. But she had seen after some time that he wasn't that different from them. He was a little gruff sometimes, a little awkward, and he was definitely keeping things from them. But she was pretty sure that he didn't mean them any harm. He had seen Jennie and Kai together after all, and he didn't seem inclined to snitch.

But all of that didn't add up to the reason why Lisa felt nervous. No, that was coming from something else altogether. That was coming from something that she had done on her own—something that she hadn't yet told anyone about, not even Jennie, her roommate.

Jisoo wasn't the only one who had been talking to someone in BTS...

It had started as nothing more than exchanging small remarks at reward shows. Then it had progressed to texting. Then, suddenly, they were secretly meeting up, though neither of them admitted what was going on, even to each other. They were just hanging out... right?

And then he had kissed her.

She had been surprised at first. But that surprise had only lasted for a split second before she had just melted into his arms and lips.

She had made out with Jeon Jungkook on a rooftop, under the stars. Just thinking about it made her giggle to herself.

He wasn't like what everyone thought he was. In public, she had seen him being shy, nervous, even a little awkward. When he was with her, he was a different person. He talked more, he had more attitude, more confidence. He was even a little competitive, but not in an unhealthy way. She loved the way he poked fun at her—not that he was being mean or anything, because he did the same thing to himself.