Chapter 34: All Four of Us

<Are you sure you want to do this?> Jisoo asked me. <I'll understand if you say no.>

I cracked a small smile. <Maybe you will, but I don't think Lisa will. And I don't really want to see Lisa get mad. That sounds a little too scary for me.>

Jisoo shook her head, but she knew I was joking. <She isn't going to get mad at you. She would understand. It's definitely going to be a little unusual for you.> She paused. <Well, actually, it'll be a little unusual for all of us.>

<No, you already got ready,> I said. <Lisa probably did too. I won't do that to the both of you.>

But despite how certain my voice sounded, I was still nervous. Because she was right, this was taking me out of my comfort zone. The plan was for Jisoo and I to go out on a double date with Lisa and Jungkook. This was complicated for a lot of reasons.

The biggest reason was that if anyone recognized Lisa and Jungkook together, it would create literal chaos. It would be the biggest relationship scandal that the industry had ever seen. Even bigger than if someone had gotten wind of Jisoo and I.

That meant we needed to be very careful about where we went. Staff could be trusted with something simple like an idol and her bodyguard, but for Blackpink's maknae and BTS' maknae to be there too... it was too much.

Jungkook had assured us that he knew just the place. I had been a little apprehensive. After all, I didn't want to get caught in the middle of a disaster. But I trusted him. BTS had done a great job setting up the New Year's party. There had been plenty of idols there and no word had leaked, so I assumed the same thing would happen this time. Especially since it was just four of us.

<If you're sure,> Jisoo said, looking at me a little skeptically.

<Are you doubting me?> I joked.

She smiled. <No. And you know what, Jungkook really likes you. He told Lisa that they all do.>

<Even Jin?> I asked, grinning.

Jisoo shook her head with a sigh. <Yes, even Jin.>

I was glad that Jin and I had worked out our differences. Even if he had been interested in Jisoo too, I didn't want to get in fights and I didn't want to push him away from her. He had been an important part of her life before me, and he had been there for her when I hadn't been. That meant something to me and I was grateful for it.

I looked in my closet and raised an eyebrow. <Hold on. Did you pick my outfit for me again?>

I could tell that she was trying to hide a smile. <Well, of course,> she said. <How else am I supposed to make sure that my dress matches with you?>

<You're just going to wear black,> I said. <You always do.>

<Or am I?> she asked. <I guess you'll just have to find out.>

I shrugged and changed into the dress clothes that were conspicuously hanging in the front of my closet. I was still living with them—I had offered to find my own place, but the girls had declined. So had the company, claiming that if I was going to be their permanent guard, I should commit.

I wondered if they knew about my relationship with Jisoo if they would still feel the same way about me living here. Probably not, but that wasn't my problem anymore.

Once Jisoo was satisfied with what I was wearing, she went off to change into her outfit for the night as well. I wasn't wearing a suit or anything, but the clothing I had on indicated that we were going somewhere a little nicer than the very casual places that Jisoo and I snuck into sometimes. I supposed while the two of us could get away with it, Jungkook and Lisa probably would have tipped the scales against us.