Chapter 13: Forever, for a Little Bit

2019.

The final Thailand show went off without a hitch. With the exception, of course, of the inner turmoil that I was dealing with. Jisoo had noticed it as well but had respected my wish to deal with it by myself. I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep that to myself forever. Nor should I.

The information I had gotten from the woman had been slim, but it had also been all that I needed. Burning Sun was a club located in Seoul—one that was affiliated with a famous idol that was tied to... YG Entertainment.

The pieces were coming together. I needed to investigate the club. But that meant I needed to get back to Seoul, which would be a little challenging, given the status of the tour. Fortunately, there were a few days off before the next stop, which was all the time I would need to get in, check it out, and find whatever I could to...

Do what, exactly? I didn't know what would happen, but I did know that I couldn't continue to allow this to happen. In the past, I might have thought differently. I might have let it slide, thinking that it wasn't my problem. Now, though, it was different. I was different.

I was, once again, having trouble sleeping. When I closed my eyes, I couldn't stop thinking about what the future was going to hold, about what I was going to need to do. It didn't feel good. If this went the way it seemed like it was going to, then that would mean I would more than likely be done with YG. Which would mean walking away from the girls and, yes, Jisoo. While it was theoretically possible to stay in touch, their lifestyle was just so hectic to make that easy or even viable.

My selfishness was at war with my conscience, but I knew what I needed to do. There was only one right answer.

My musings were interrupted by a knock at my door. I wondered if it was Rosé again, coming to check on me. I threw a shirt on and went to check. As it turned out, I was wrong.

It was Jisoo.

<Can I come in?> she asked. She looked very small and a little scared, and my heart ached for her.

<Of course,> I said, stepping aside and letting her pass.

<What's happening?> she asked as soon as the door closed. <Please don't lie and tell me nothing. I know you. And something is wrong. You've barely spoken to me for the last few days.>

I didn't know what to say. I hung my head and stared at the ground. Jisoo crossed her arms, and I could tell that she was growing more and more displeased with me.

<Is it me?> she asked. <Is it something I did? Is it us?>

<Jisoo, I... No. It isn't. It's... something else. There's something big happening. Something I need to do.> I was trying to find the words and failing miserably.

<Talk to me,> she said, and she was almost pleading with me. <Please.>

I came to where she was standing next to the bed and sat down, patting the spot next to me. She sat and pulled her legs up to her chest, hugging them. <I'm scared, Ollie. I'm so happy and I'm scared that it's going to go away.>

How did I explain this to her? How did I explain what I was going to do? What it would likely cause to happen?

<I have a decision to make,> I said finally. <I have two options. I can try and fix something that is very, very wrong. Or I can let it go. If I let it go, then that means... well, it means things will stay the same. If I try to fix it...> My voice trailed off as I searched for the right words. <Everything will change. And I don't know what that means, but it means that nothing will be the same ever again.>