Chapter 15: Crashing Down

2019.

I didn't give Hyun-suk a chance to prepare or an option. I stormed past the front desk, barreled through the few guards who half-heartedly attempted to stop me, and burst through the doors that led to his office, revealing both Hyun-suk and two startled businessmen who appeared to have been in the middle of a meeting with the CEO of YG.

<Out,> I said, and my expression did not leave any room for them to argue with me.

<But> one of the men began, looking helplessly at Hyun-suk for advice on what to do.

<Out. Now.> I demanded.

Hyun-suk smiled thinly. <Id advise leaving. This isn't a man you want to make angry.>

The two businessmen stumbled over themselves trying to leave the room. Three guards rushed in behind them, looking at me murderously. <Sir! He just came straight in, I know he works for you, but!>

Hyun-suk waved a hand. <Leave us. Oliver isn't going to hurt me. Is he?>

<Not presently,> I growled. My melancholy and sadness had been replaced by fury. <That may change.>

The guards looked more uncertain than before, but Hyun-suk gestured at them again to leave. Reluctantly, they did so, closing the door on the way out.

Hyun-suk turned to me and switched to English. "So. What can I do for you, Mr. James?"

I could immediately tell that he knew what this was about. What I couldn't tell was if he was bluffing or if he was genuinely unworried. If the latter was true... this would be worse than I had expected.

"I know about Burning Sun. I know about everything. I know what YG has been doing, and I will not allow it to happen anymore. Once the press finds out about it all, you're finished. You're done hurting people. It's over."

Hyun-suk raised an eyebrow. "Please, sit."

"I don't think I will."

"Fine then. Stand. I don't care. He folded his arms and smirked at me. You're just now having a chance of conscience? You only are now aware of what it is we do here? I don't remember you having these... problems when you first came here."

"Things changed," I said hotly. "And now things are going to change for YG, too."

"You seem quite confident about that," said Hyun-suk. "Please, I insist. Seat yourself. We have many things to talk about."

I sat, not caring enough to continue trying to assert dominance. I wanted to hear what he was going to say for himself.

"You think you are here to expose YG," said Hyun-suk. "But I don't think you've thought this through."

"Yeah? Explain how."

Hyun-suk leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms smugly. "Because exposing YG exposes yourself. And think about all the press, all the eyes, all the police that would be interested to hear about what you've been doing. And what you've done."

I cracked a grin, even though I didn't feel much like smiling. "That's where you're wrong. I have thought about that. And I decided I don't care. There's more at stake here than just me."

Hyun-suk's smug demeanor slipped a little, but didn't entirely vanish.

"You made a mistake," I said. "You knew what my limits were. I would kill for you and I would protect those girls with my life, but I will not, and never would, stand for violence against women or sexual violence of any sort. That was in my file. That's why I took the job. Because the only people I would be going up against were people who had been asking for a bullet in the head. You got me too close to it all. I saw too much. What did you think was going to happen?"