Chapter 35: Sleepover Part 1

It was late, and we were tired. I understood now better than ever just how jam-packed each day was for the girls. I wondered if their fans had any idea of the full extent of all the work that went into the creation of Blackpink.

Jisoo aand I were relaxing together in her room. Now that they had more privacy, there were less restrictions on what we could do in the house which was... convenient.

I was shirtless, laying down, reading a book. Jisoo was wearing an oversized t-shirt that went to her upper thighs, but not much else. She was resting her head on my stomach and looking up at the ceiling, humming a few notes over and over, ones that I didn't recognize.

<This is nice,> she said.

<What's that?> I asked, glancing down at her.

<Just relaxing,> she said with a smile. <I almost forgot what it was like.>

<I don't know if I ever knew what it was at all,> I said. <Thanks for helping me figure it out.>

We settled back into our comfortable silence. I was beginning to find myself overcome by a pleasant sleepiness. Just one or two more pages and I would set my book aside and allow myself to drift off to sleep with Jisoo beside me. Another wonderful ending to a wonderful day.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I sat upright rapidly, causing Jisoo to startle and also sit up. She looked around, then scrambled for her shorts which were cast on the ground. I hastily pulled on a t-shirt.

<Come in,> I said when I was sure that we were both ready.

The door cracked open and Lisa poked her head in the room. I could see that she was trying to hold back a giggle. <We were wondering if you two wanted to join us,> she said. A little giggle slipped past her reserve. <Or if you were too busy.>

<We're not busy,> Jisoo said.

Lisa raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. <What were you up to?> I asked. <What did you want to do?>

<We were going to have a sleepover!> she said excitedly.

<A... sleepover?> I questioned, not sure if I had understood the word properly. <But you all already live together.>

She shrugged. <Yeah. But we wanted to have an old fashioned slumber party. You know? We used to do things like that back when we were trainees. It would be fun! Will you join us?>

Jisoo and I glanced at each other. I could tell that she was tired, and I already knew that I was tired, but it did sound fun. And I had been trying to spend more time with all the girls. It only felt right after everything that we had been through together.

<We'll do it!> said Jisoo. <We'll be down in a little!>

<Okay!> Lisa cheered. <I'll go tell the girls!>

After Lisa left, I turned to Jisoo. <Are you sure?> I asked. <I know you were tired.>

<Don't use me as an excuse,> she teased. <You were more tired than I was. C'mon, let's go!>

---

She was definitely right about me being more tired than she was, but the thought of having a fun night with the girls energized me. I reflected that I didn't have many male friends aside from maybe Yoongi or Namjoon, but I didn't talk to them that much anyway. They were always so busy with their lives as idols that we barely were able to do more than check in with each other every now and then.