4⋅Your feelings, our feelings

Wearing a sling is annoying – Jet has probably scolded me twice already for not wearing it, but it gets too tiring over the days, I can't help it sometimes. I honestly want to be able to use my injured arm again without it hurting. The only comfort I have, regarding this, is the fact my arm will be healed up completely in about another week.

On the other hand, I don't think you can exactly say my mental health has been following the same progress. Frustration remains annoying whenever I think about all of this. If I had calmed down more, I would have a better aim and this wouldn't have happened. If I had agreed on going with War and Sour instead of insisting in continuing there to fix that fucking radio, at least I would still be with them. If I had taken the warnings more seriously, we could've avoided it all.

The thoughts hammer my head nonstop and I notice how I really should've acted better because I practically brought the downfall to the three of us alone myself.

Crying has also been frequent. Hiding the red puffy eyes is not easy and, to be honest, I think Ghoul is the only one who genuinely trusts me every single time I say my eyes are like this because of some allergy, sand or any other lame excuse. It feels so wrong with him.

Nightmares, whereas, calmed down for a few days just to come back more intensely after some point. For the Witch, I swear I would give anything to not have to wake up startled in the middle of the night with this awful feeling I might have lost my friends due to my own irresponsibility. It's tiring, my head hurts and I hate crying so much. I can't be like this. I need to focus on healing up fine right now before I can go after my friends. They might be needing me. I need to help them or at least know they are okay. I can't lose anyone else.

"(K/n)," Kobra whispers as approaching me, making me quickly wipe my tears away and try to stop sniffling, cleaning my throat. "I... I'm concerned about you. You've been having all these nightmares, breakdowns, but you absolutely refuse to talk about it!"

"Because I have nothing to talk about!" I reply at the same moment.

"Of course, you do," he says, remaining calm. "Why don't you tell us what exactly happened when you lost your base? I'm sure it will help you; it will get this weight off your chest."

"No, Kobra, you are wrong." My words are harsh, though I don't really want to be rude with him, he doesn't deserve it, but I just can't help. "I do not need to talk about this, I have nothing to talk about, just... please, stop, okay?"

Kobra presses his lips into a thin line for a long moment, glaring, before a sigh escapes his nose. "Fine, then," he breathes, moving to stand up. "Just remember we are here in case you need something."

I hum in response, looking out the window once again. To be honest, I want to get away from here and look for my friends, however, I know it won't be so smart because I won't be able to take care of myself alone. I'm thankful they decided to help me, I really am, but can't control this feeling.

Someone sits down next to me and I groan, about to complain when they speak up.

"You're sleeping in my room tonight and I don't want to hear you complaining about it." Party's words are whispered in my ear, stern.

"Oh? And what are you going to do about it?" I ask him, my humor still not having improved a lot since I talked with Kobra.

"Holy fuck, I'm just trying to help you, okay?" He asks me in a serious tone, with an indignant air. "Look, I know how to help you with the nightmares and my bed is wider, it'll be more comfortable to you than a couch."

"And why do you want to help me so much?" I twist my mouth, not understanding his intentions.

Party looks at me like I was an idiot or something and thinks for a moment, as if choosing the right words. "I already said it. I want to help you. Why? I can't? C'mon, I know how bad these are and you can't stop me. You're in my base."