6⋅The truth

"You're so stupid with these pink boxers!" I grin as sitting down on Party's thighs. My thumbs play lightly with the waistband of the boxers before I trail my hands up his chest, observing carefully all the scars and noticing the small, simple tattoo on his skin, a few words in black ink taking place on his side, under his chest. My arm doesn't hurt that much anymore, and even if Jet told me I need to keep the sling, I started sleeping without it and it hasn't been long since I've woken up, so I haven't put it on, at least not yet.

Party smirks a bit as he looks up at me lazily. "You're saying that because you like them a lot."

I roll my eyes. "Of course, huh. But I'm actually being honest. I mean, they do have a nice color and all, they may be comfortable and shit, but," I pause, grinning as I take his hand, "they would be better off. Like this."

The red tone that takes over Party's cheeks is almost as red as his hair due to me suddenly sticking his hand inside my loose shorts. I went to sleep without any underwear last night, too lazy to put them on after leaving the shower. He curses a bit under his breath, rolling his eyes as he pulls his hands away after I let go of it – I can't stop grinning at his reaction.

"Very funny." He blushes as shifting a bit. "You better solve the problem you just created," he says with so much embarrassment that I can barely understand the words.

Raising an eyebrow, I look down at his boxers again to notice the obvious bulge in them and I can't help but to laugh at that, rolling my eyes as I move to get off Party. "Oh, you bet! Put that hand to work or find another way of dealing with it," I tease as moving off the bed to change.

"Hey!" He says, pushing himself up on his elbows. "What are you doing?"

"I'm still recovering, I can't engage in dangerous activities," I tease as winking at him and putting the sling back on. "See you later, love!" I wave as leaving the room and I can hear him calling me back in frustration as I close the door, but all I do is to laugh to myself about it, smiling as I make my way over to the diner.

"What are you all smiling about?" Jet asks as seeing me walk by.

A blush takes over my cheeks at the thought, nonetheless, I show him a smug smile. "Nothing. Anyways, can you take a look on my arm? I think it's already healed up." The discomfort and light pain, I believe, are for having my movements limited so far. It would be a blessing to be able to stretch it and hold a gun properly after so long. As much as the guys are nice, I still have this awful feeling I would be useless and an easy aim if a Drac showed up.

Jet shoots me a look as he sighs – something expected considering how much I've been asking him about it lately – and moves to do as I asked, telling me to remove the sling. After a few times of angling and moving my arm in different directions, he slowly nods in what I hope to be approval.

"Well, if you don't go reckless or does more force than you should, it might be fine for you to remove the sling now. Just go easy at first." Jet finally smiles at me.

"Thank you!" I cry out happily as pulling him for a hug. "Hell, I was about to burn that thing if I couldn't remove it now," I mutter as glaring at the sling, which rests on the counter; Jet rolls his eyes at that. "But I'll be okay, thanks for helping me with it!"

"It was nothing." He observes me for a moment and I'm about to start walking away when Jet speaks up again. "And what are you going to do now? I don't want to convince you of anything, I just want to get things straight, but you have nowhere else to stay and not even a mean of transportation, right?" He raises an eyebrow at me and I sigh with a reluctant nod. "Also, you don't talk a lot about it, but I went to Dr. D's and, in the way, I saw something. So, Candy Crush gang, is it?"