13⋅Not running away anymore

"Dude, he could've just asked us to have grabbed it yesterday," Poison sighs, eyebrows furrowed as we walk down the market in Zone 5 yet again – I can't help but to roll my eyes, shaking my head to myself.

"You know there aren't always the same products or people from day to day," I mutter, but know full well it's not enough to stop his ego. He's about to complain when I take his hand in mine, smiling. "But at least we have some time for each other, don't you think? No Kobra walking in and complaining about how gross we are," I chuckle at the memory – it's happened at least two or three times.

Poison rolls his eyes, snorting a chuckle. "You're right." He gives my hand a squeeze and looks like he's about to say something, but shakes his head to himself and fishes from his back pocket the paper Jet handed him.

There aren't many things we need to get, mostly for cleanse and food we couldn't find yesterday and we're using the few carbons the four always put away for buying what they mainly need.

We soon arrive at a stand that's got the first items – not many people sell cleanse supplies because not only are they difficult to get but also very few people have access to water. Now that I think about it, the Fabulous Four having water never really got my attention. Maybe because I was in a difficult state when I arrived or because, well, they are the Fabulous Four and of course they're going to have some privileges. But still, how?

"Poison?" I ask, receiving a hum in response while we get the items in a cardboard box. "How do you guys have water?"

"Oh, that." He glances at me, taking his box in arms and waiting for me so we can go back to the car. "It's been a long time, but I remember Ghoul or Kobra found a water pipe then Jet and Ghoul managed to connect it to the diner or something like that, I don't know exactly how it works." He smiles, proudly, but looks at me waiting for my reaction.

"That's both lucky and awesome," I say honestly.

"Yeah, agreed," Poison chuckles.

Half of the shopping list being scratched out, we proceed to grab the food. We walk past the candy stands and I feel a bit nostalgic remembering how Sour and War like candies and would always go crazy over them, but I decide to push the thought aside and continue following Poison, hugging him slightly from behind; it makes the two of us almost fall, chuckling.

"I could swear there were chips here yesterday," he comments as we come to a stop. "I bet Jet just wanted to get rid of us for a day."

I roll my eyes, shaking my head to myself. "Party, stop thinking about it. C'mon, I'll go grab the first three things then you grab the rest, sounds fine? That might make things faster and give us more time for each other."

Even if it's clear Party already made his decision, he pouts lightly, humming. "Okay," he mumbles and carefully rips the paper before handing me part of it. I hum in a feigned stern tone at his manners and press soft kisses from the side of his face to his lips, pleased with how he slowly melts into me.

"Alright," I step away, tucking the paper in my pocket.

"Oh, look at who we have here," a sudden voice says and I am about to continue talking when Poison turns to their direction, eyes widening lightly. Does he know them? My assumptions are proven true when the person steps closer, observing Poison through half lidded eyes and smirking lips, hands tucked in their jacket's pockets. A few patches decorate the thick jeans material, with things like 'Worst Living Industries' and 'he/him'.

Poison's expression falls with a sigh and he shakes his head. "Get lost, okay?"

"Party, c'mon," the guy groans as he steps closer. A bit too close – Poison even makes a motion to step back, but is blocked by the counter of the booth we stand in front of. "What's gotten in you?" He reaches a hand to touch Party's hair, making the red haired flinch, wrinkling his nose as he never lets the guy touch him. "You used to love it when I tugged your hair, didn't you?"