18⋅Sparkles among darkness

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

G0thicRainbows here, just wanted to say hello to you readers since I help out with writing the chapters now!!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter only partially proofread! I apologize I didn't have a lot of time to work on it and didn't want to delay it more.
-Poison

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

- -Candy's POV- -

Knock, knock, knock.

"Candy!" someone yells from behind the door. I groan softly, burying my face into the pillow as if my body gets heavier solely because of the idea of getting up. Who knocks at this hour? Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. Persistent, I see. "Candy, open up!" They yell again, the knocks growing louder, compelling Poison to shift around this time as he whines softly under the blanket. He had curled up against my chest under the blanket and stayed that way all night—so sweet and cute, not to mention comfortable, just for it all to be ruined by whoever is out there. Fuck off.

As if hearing my silent complaints, things go silent for a few minutes, more than enough time for my tired ass to fall back asleep.

"Candy, get your ass up man!" The voice sounds much closer—when did they get in?—, followed by a sudden weight on me at the same time I'm pulled up by the collar of my worn out shirt.

"Huh— what?" I squint my eyes at the figure. Pink hair. Fucking War. "What do you—" I yawn. "—do you want, War?"

"Sour and I want to head to the market to get a few things and we wanted to see if you'd like to join us! We'll be getting coffee too," he grins, looking at me. Sour leans against the door frame and gazes at us with mild amusement on his face.

I rub the sleep from my eyes as another yawn stretches my lungs, reminding me of the nice sleep I was getting, but... Fuck, coffee. It's been a while since I had it. "Yeah, sure, that would be great. Gimme a few minutes to wake up and get dressed, then we'll leave."

"Great! We'll wait outside! See ya in a few!" War's grin widenswhilst he jumps off me and runs out with Sour, who had been standing in the doorway, and in a wonderful opposite to Ghoul or Kobra, they actually close the door.

I stretch, enough not to disturb Poison, and look down at him, who now looks back at me with half little eyes, eyebrows furrowed as his lips are pressed together in a thin line; he huffs quietly. "Aww, poor baby!" I pull him up to peck his lips, feeling my heart flutter at how he lets out a soft noise, bottom lip sticking out, hence it's impossible to hold myself back from peppering his face with many kisses until his huff turns into giggles. Despite it, he wraps his arms around me tightly while adjusting himself as if preparing to go back to sleep.

"I'll only be gone for a few hours, Poison, I promise." I cup his face, kissing the tip of his nose, and as much as it is tempting to continue here with him in all the comfort and warmth, I get up to look for some clean clothes.

Poison flops down on his back, unnecessarily throwing his arms out with a loud groan. "What am I even supposed to do while you're gone??" Poison stares up at the ceiling.

A sigh escapes my lips as I pull on a black graphic shirt and buckle the belt to my jeans after. "You could draw with those markers you love so much. Or maybe chill with the guys?"

Poison whines, groaning out something incoherent. I roll my eyes, giving his side a nudge. "Hey, get up, mister, no grumpiness here!" He blows a raspberry at me. "Oh, that's it!" I tickle his sides, immediately making him scream before he is laughing and squealing, squirming around the bed.