12⋅Purifying flame

"You're a princess." I smile as I place the tiara on top of Poison's head, watching it as he poses around like a princess – or at least like the ones we see in the old magazines and comics we occasionally find. It doesn't matter the reference, he's just fabulous.

"We're gay princesses," he says after a pause and I can't help but to start laughing at the manner he says it in, as if he just made the most important discovery ever. "Gay princesses," he says softly as cupping my face and making kissy lips before finally pressing our lips together then starting to walk away, seeming pretty satisfied with himself. I feel my cheeks heating up and shake my head to myself as I follow him.

I look around the market quietly, watching all the other killjoys going around. We – Poison and I – got separated from the others at some point, with Poison dragging me along with him towards the accessories section whilst the others went on to their own interests and it was honestly inevitable. The best part, however, is how this is a new experience, no unwanted memories to remind me of my friends, so I'm not just allowed to relax but also enjoy everything properly. Poison noticed that, certainly, but doesn't mention anything.

"This," Poison's voice suddenly averts my attention from a few random hairpins and I turn around to see him looking at a few necklaces. "Suits you." He shows one to me and I'm about to say something when he's giving the owner of the stand the tiara and coming to me with the necklace.

"You didn't need to do it," I say softly as he puts it around my neck and I take a moment to observe the pendant. It's a heart, seeming a bit fragile, but the material is actually good.

"Don't worry." He wraps his arms around my waist, resting his cheek against my shoulder for a moment. "I'm a princess even without a crown, but spoiling you is what gives me life," he says a bit too dramatically – I roll my eyes, though I can't help feeling a bit flustered with it, so I press a kiss to his cheek, humming in appreciation.

"You're just too cheesy, stop," I say as pulling away and bringing a hand to fidget with the pendant and the feeling of a part of it dislocating makes me immediately gasp. I can't have fucking broken it.

"Oh, it's actually two necklaces!" Poison gasps with a smile as I move to get one of the necklaces, recovered from my almost heart attack.

I slowly nod as I take the necklace to place it on him, smiling. He grins with it, looking at me through half lidded eyes in the most precious manner ever; in response, I brush our noses together affectionately, pecking his lips before I can move away, just to be pulled close by Poison once again. My hands fall to his hips by instinct as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Hold on." Poison chuckles to himself, hands around the lapel of my jacket and fumbling with it lightly. "There's someone looking at you with some interested gaze," he says with entertainment then looks at me, "show them who you belong to."

I bite back a grin, arching an eyebrow at Poison as amused by his behavior. It's when he's glancing at me impatiently, however, that I finally lean in a lock my lips with the skin of his neck, mouthing it softly, only to demonstrate affection and possessivity with no further intentions. He's pulled closed by my grip on his hips and I can hear him sighing pleased, probably having a smug look on his face whilst glaring at the person he's mentioned. His hands trail up my back, one of them playing with the hair on the back of my neck.

"You're terrible," I mutter against him, lingering my lips over a spot. His throat vibrates with a chuckle, one that's interrupted when I suddenly nibble down on the skin, snatching a tight sound from him.

"Yes, I am, but it never stopped me from anything," he replies in the same bulletproof self confidence he almost always holds in public.

"Sure," I say sarcastically as I adjust my posture and wrap an arm around his waist instead to keep him close. My eyes scan around the place for a moment and I follow Poison's gaze to the person who now stares at us with certain disdain before throwing their nose in the air and stomping away. A chuckle escapes my lips and I look at Party to see a proud smirk on his lips – I kiss it away, pressing long kisses from his jaw to his lips.