11⋅I feel safe in your arms

A sigh escapes my lips as I look at the distance, sipping on the cold soda we were able to fix earlier. It's yet another one of these nostalgic days. Nostalgic days are terrible. That's when I mostly feel out of place, feeling the fakeness in all of the smiles the four – well, three, Jet barely demonstrates any emotion, after all – show me and how much I'm bothering them by staying here, eating their food, using the water and not doing anything in return.

"Something wrong?" Poison asks as his knuckles brush against my jaw affectionately, but I continue looking at the ground and taking small sips through the straw as shaking my head. "We'll find your friends soon," he says softly and presses a kiss to my cheek.

Sometimes it hurts thinking about how Poison is just Poison. He never stays with someone for too long, so this isn't going to continue after I follow my own way. I like pretending they really like me and are up for a serious relationship with me, but that's not even the goddamn focus – I've got friends to find.

"Okay, so..." Poison trails off, swinging his legs back and forth – both of us took seat on the edge of the roof of the diner to watch the sunset. "Do you want to come with us to the market down Zone 5 tomorrow? We need to fix a few things. It's okay if you don't, I can stay here with you." He smiles cutely as coming into my sight, his eyes gaining a nice color as the sunlight falls over them just right.

"No, it's fine." I try to smile enough so he won't get worried, leaning in to peck his lips. "Not like staying in the diner the whole time has been fun either."

"I was hoping you'd accept! We can do some fun things," he hums as brushing his nose against mine lightly.

Later, we head back inside to eat and it doesn't take long until we're in our rooms already. Poison sleeps with his back against my chest, finding comfort with my arms wrapped tightly around him and his hands clutching onto mine.

My few attempts of falling asleep go in vain, the most successful of them being when I fall asleep for about twenty minutes and wake up again, sighing as looking at the clock hanging on the wall, barely visible in the darkness. Poison seems sound asleep, as he should, otherwise I would feel guilty for him staying up just because of me. The silence that hovers in the room has the thoughts from earlier flooding my head once again.

Maybe it would be better if I went looking for my friends by myself and stopped pestering the Fabulous Four.

As slowly and carefully as possible, I let go of Poison to stand up from the bed. Relief washes over me at seeing he continues there, unchanging. I walk over to the window and internally thank Poison for liking to sleep with the window open – as he says, so we're able to cuddle close under the covers –, still, it's not easy to jump through it and I hit my elbow with force against it. A loud noise echoes through the room in result of the loose metal structure and the glass shaking. I hiss at the pain not just of the window sill digging right under my ribs but also at the new pain on my arm.

"...(K/n)?" Poison says barely coherently, followed by the sound of shuffling and I glance back to see him turning over on the bed just to find the empty space I once occupied. He groans before his eyes finally open and widen at the sight of me halfway through the window. "(K/n)!"

"O-Oh, I'm—"

"What in the hell are you doing?" he cuts me off, furrowing his eyebrows as quickly throwing the covers aside and rushing to pull me into the room yet again.

"I-I'm sorry, I just want to go after my friends and stop bothering you guys, I—" I interrupt myself, with a shrug, stumbling back to my feet. The way Poison looks at me makes me feel guilty, but I barely knew what I was doing, with these thoughts becoming so loud and persistent. My mouth opens and closes a few times as I try to find another explanation, but nothing ever comes.