19⋅Memories that still live

Glad to know some of you love Sour and War. -G0thicRainbows

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

- -Candy's POV- -

This guy was seriously trying my temper. I stepped forward, keeping War, Sour, and Poison behind me. "Listen here, man! If you lay a finger on Sour, I will—" I was cut off when Denial grabbed the collar of my shirt, effectively pulling me closer to him.

He leaned in closer to me, a sick smile on his face. "I will be waiting for Sour to come here by himself. Then I'll show him a good time down at The Nest, and make him scream my name in bed." He let go of me, wiping his hands on his jeans as he threw his nose in the air.

My left eye twitched at the same time anger burned under my skin. That piece of shit thinks he's going to treat my brother that way? A ominous growl came from War, but I made the first move before he could, raising my fist. "How 'bout you fuck this!" I slammed my fist into Denial's nose with an audible crack; he stumbled back with a pained grunt, clutching his bleeding, broken nose. I exhaled loudly, fixing my shirt, and took Poison's hand in mine, motioning War and Sour to follow. "C'mon, let's leave before that shitbag gets worse than a broken nose."

We walked to the market, letting the good energy of the place cool our emotions, the incoherent and soft chatter that fills the place along with the most diverse products everywhere slowly averting our attention away from the latest event. Everything seemed fine, but something still felt off, mainly with how Poison was silent. He barely did anything aside from nodding and flashing a small smile whenever I showed him nice stuff, and it began to gnaw at me.

I looked around to check on Sour and War; they were distracted by all the hair products, boxes of dyes in many different shades, creating a stunning rainbow effect, along with many types of bleaches. War had a box that held several tubes of his favorite pink dye and some bleach. Sour did the same, but with blue.

With it, I turned my attention to Poison and wrapped my arms around his chest, kissing his neck softly and resting my chin on his shoulder. "Baby, what's bothering you?"

Poison sighed softly, lowering his head and resting it against mine, his hair tickling my face. "Seeing Denial again," he replies, his voice filled with discomfort.

I frowned, blowing his hair away from my face, but it simply fell back in place, tickling my nose this time. Poor Poison didn't need this kind of stress. I took his hands in mine, gently rubbing circles into them with my thumbs. "How 'bout we go do something? It'll help you feel better!"

He nods, looking at me for a mere second, glassy hazel irises half hidden by his eyelids. My heart sunk a bit, I leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his head. "C'mon, then. Let's find Sour and War so I can tell them where we're going so they can find us later."

We walked over to Sour and War, and I wrapped my arms around their necks so our heads were together, theirs against my cheeks. "I'm spending a while with Poison in the Charms and Candy section of the market. You guys can meet us there in half an hour."

"Alright, cool. See ya then!" Sour nods with a grin, patting my back.

I smiled, letting them go, but War grabbed my face before I do anything and licked the left side of my cheek, leaving a gross trail of spit in place. "Aaaugghhh! Ewww, War!!" I groaned, wiping my cheek with my shirt. I swear I could hear Poison giggling lightly.

"Better you than me, Candy," Sour laughed, amusement in his eyes.

"Oh really?" I chuckled and licked my finger, sticking it in Sour's ear. War wheezed, shaking his head to himself while stepping back.