14⋅Heavy heart

[Poison's POV]

So, if I'm not wrong, (k/n) is probably going to spend some good time with Ghoul since he's actually able to hold Ghoul's attention for longer than five seconds and they are playing around; I doubt they won't stay there for long, at least long enough to go talk with Kobra.

I hum to myself quietly, jogging my way across the courtyard – I hate the sun. Well, not literally, but I don't quite enjoy how my arms sometimes end up having two different shades because of the sun, maybe more because the burnt parts always peel off weirdly and fuck the radiation, damn. Thankfully, Kobra is sitting down on the sand by a shaded area, back against the wall.

"Man," I sigh, joining him, "what a day."

"Oh, yeah?" He doesn't look up from the... dispositive he messes with and his words don't really sound genuine.

"Wanna know who I ran into in the market? Fucking Perfect Denial."

"And...?" He glances back at me, raising an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes, but it isn't exactly his fault because running into exes isn't exactly an uncommon event. To be honest, is Denial even an ex, just like most of them just think they are because we went home or to the backseat of a car together. "I was with (k/n), you know that! And you also know Denial isn't exactly the most sympathetic person. Like..." I shrug. How am I going to explain this? "Dunno, Denial seemed to want a fight with (k/n) and for no reason because he's not actually interested in me anymore and there's no way in hell I'll ever even hang out with him again."

Kobra hums like he realizes something and slowly nods, dropping the dispositive to his lap and looking at the distance for a moment, mumbling something inaudibly. "Tried talking with (k/n) about it?"

"He's... okay with it." Probably, I mean. We didn't talk about it directly, but I'm sure (k/n) would have at least said something about it when I apologized to him about what happened. He deserved it, even though I had nothing to do with the situation.

"Okay, then." Kobra shrugs and picks up a screwdriver.

"Okay, then," I repeat with a sigh. This brings me to nothing.

"Poison, doesn't (k/n)... dunno, remind you of someone? Something?" He glances at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Should he remind me of someone?" I narrow my eyes at him. "I never slept with someone–"

"Not in that way, Party! You're such a dumbass!" He scoffs, making me pout while hugging my legs close to my chest; he noticeably holds back a chuckle. "Just take a look at this, okay? I guess you're the only one who didn't figure it out yet." Figure what out? I don't have the chance to say anything before Kobra's handing me something, a folded paper. "Be nice about it."

Kobra probably won't answer any of my questions, so I quit staring at him and unfold the paper. The print is a bit faded by the fold marks, not too much, and it stops being a problem when I recognize the person on the paper. (K/n), but... that's not the name written at the bottom. Skull Candy, leader of the Candy Crush gang. And a million fucking carbons for reward. What the hell?

"But that's (k/n)," I trail off. No way he's also Skull Candy. To be fair, I never actually came face to face with the Candy Crush gang and, now that (k/n) changed his hair and bought these clothes, I guess this is just a reality I wouldn't like to accept. "Fuck."

Kobra shoots me a look and yeah, Kobra, I fucking know it, I won't go after (k/n) right away and will actually try to be nice about it, but, fuck, what the hell is that? But why is the Candy Crush gang suddenly wanted? What did they even do? It couldn't be that event with the Dracs some months ago, could it...? Damn it. I should've at least connected the dots.