16⋅Together, finally

[Sour's P.O.V.]

Everything feels numb at the same time it doesn't. I feel everything and nothing at once, but I obviously feel happy for all of it, like if Candy is going to disappear if we look away or something or we're hallucinating, but it feels different this time.

We walk out of the building, just to hug each other tightly again and I laugh happily, feeling as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest.

"Man, finally!" War says, voice still distant. "And we've been here so many times. Oh my..."

Candy smiles, throwing his nose in the air as he steps back. "The Witch's blessed us tonight, I guess, whatever," he breathes a chuckle. "I'm just happy you're here again, fuck." He pulls War for a hug, probably noticing how he's been more shaken up by all of this than I have – at least feeling and demonstrating it more.

This person stands there, the one Candy was making out with and brought out along with him; they don't seem so content. A hook up, maybe? Unusual, but not impossible.

"Who's this?" I ask, motioning towards them.

"Oh, this?" Candy slowly lets go of War. "It's Party!" He grins, hugging the red-haired from behind, pressing a kiss to their cheek. "It's mine. Party Poison!"

"No way!" War has his hands on his hips, eyes wide. "Party Poison? Like–"

"Yeah," Party answers flatly, despite another kiss pressed to his cheek.

"How?" War approaches, touching Party like he isn't real or something, earning himself his hand slapped away by the guy himself – I snort.

"I..." Candy hums, shrugging lightly. "Can we talk about it back in the diner? Please, let's go to the diner, I really want– No, I need to talk with you guys! A lot happened and I've been worried sick, you have absolutely no idea! I was talking about you just earlier today and even–"

"Easy, easy," I chuckle, throwing my hands in the air. "We've got all the time in the world now!"

"Alright, I, um," Candy pauses, looking around and scratching the back of his head. "You two got your bikes, right? Party and I got here with Trans AM, but I think you guys can follow us. What do you think about it?" All his attempts to seem confident are kind of useless when you notice how shaky his hands are and his unquiet eyes.

"Sure!" War claps his hands happily. "We'll be right behind you, man! Can't wait to finally sit down and talk!"

"Right!" Candy lets out a chuckle, pulling War and I for a tight hug before we're following our way back to the parking lot and Candy lets us know what Trans AM looks like and then we leave.

The cold desert's night air doesn't feel so bad right now, for some reason, not as cold as it felt when we first arrived at Hyper Thrust or something and driving through the darkness isn't as disturbing as it usually feels. I can't keep the air in my lungs for longer than a few seconds, but I know things are being worse – or better – for War. Just with a glance, I can see how hyped he is.

The diner is a green building with a motel in the back and certain frustration hits me at recognizing the building from our hunt for Candy. It doesn't matter anymore, anyways.

"Man–" War doesn't even wait for himself to hop off the bike before he's already talking, practically skipping his way towards Candy. "Can you believe we passed by some time ago? About two weeks ago. When looking for you."

"You could've stopped by and asked for me, dude!" Candy slaps his chest playfully after closing the car's door behind himself.

As I hop off the bike, Party leaves the car and walks inside the diner, unlocking it then turning on the lights.